windows game bar video playback has no sound

Discus and support windows game bar video playback has no sound in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am using the Windows game bar to capture a presentation that I am going through. I am using a Logitech headset,and all settings recognize the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by m-will3427, Jan 1, 2022.

1. m-will3427
    m-will3427 Guest

I am using the Windows game bar to capture a presentation that I am going through. I am using a Logitech headset,and all settings recognize the Logitech headset on my computer and within the game bar. And yet when I play back there is no audio. I don't know if it recorded but just isn't playing back, or if it didn't record the audio at all. And, yes, I have checked all volume settings.

:)

m-will3427, Jan 1, 2022
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello DiegoGarrido-Mendoza,

There is no way to recover the missing audio if it wasn't recorded initially which seems to be the case here. If you haven't already, we suggest taking a look at the "Troubleshooting Xbox Game Bar on Windows" support article on the Xbox support website.

Link: Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

Due to the age of this post, we're going to lock this thread. If you are still having issue, please reach out to us by creating a new post.

Thank you,

XBF Dom
  3. DiegoGarrido-Mendoza Win User

Hi XBF - Dom,

Thanks for replying to the initial question. I am another user that is experiencing the same issue. In my case, it happens some times that even when I had setup Xbox Game Bar, did everything you recommended to do, all the way to enabling the 'All' settings, my recording does not playback audio. This has happened to me in the past, but I can't identify exactly what causes this problem.

So my question for you is... Is there a way to "recover" the sound supposedly recorded?

Thanks,

Diego
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello m-will3427,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Have you tried adjusting your "Audio to record" settings in Xbox Game Bar?

Open Xbox Game Bar

Click the "Settings" icon (Gear icon)

On the left panel of the settings window, select "Capturing"

Under the "Audio to record" section, enable either the "Game" or the "All" settings.

In this case, using the "All" setting may be more beneficial to you as you're recording a presentation, not a game.

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Can I extend the playback feature (Replay feature) of the Xbox Game Bar from 10 minutes to 1 hour?

I assume by the 'playback feature' you mean the record time? The Windows Game Bar maximum record time that can be set is 4hrs. This can be changed in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures.

The Windows Game-Bar uses a video recording codec that requires the file to be finalised in order for it to be saved. This means that either if the recording is stopped via the Game Bar or the recording ends on its own once the maximum time is reached, the file should save. If for some reason there a fault or a system crash, the video recording won't save as it won't complete the 'finalising' process.
  6. CoolLKK PS Win User

Can I extend the playback feature (Replay feature) of the Xbox Game Bar from 10 minutes to 1 hour?

I assume by the 'playback feature' you mean the record time? The Windows Game Bar maximum record time that can be set is 4hrs. This can be changed in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures.

The Windows Game-Bar uses a video recording codec that requires the file to be finalised in order for it to be saved. This means that either if the recording is stopped via the Game Bar or the recording ends on its own once the maximum time is reached, the file should save. If for some reason there a fault or a system crash, the video recording won't save as it won't complete the 'finalising' process.
    Replay feature NOT Record feature pls?
Thema:

1. windows game bar video playback has no sound - Similar Threads - windows game bar

2. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  5. LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4: This issue has been brought up a few time already here but haven't gotten any good traction. I've played Diablo 4 since release up to season 2 on the Xbox. So, I know what a joy it is to be able...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  9. May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]