Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs)

Discus and support Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been using the Xbox Game Bar for some time now with the default command win + G. This has worked perfectly to launch the game bar in and out of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by IsaiahQuenton, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs)

I have been using the Xbox Game Bar for some time now with the default command win + G. This has worked perfectly to launch the game bar in and out of games, but recently it has stopped working entirely. I tried every single online fix that I could possibly find and every other that I could think of but it did not work. Changing the keybinds to anything else (like ctrl + alt + j or shift + alt + y or whatever) has no effect whatsoever.

The only way for me to launch it is by typing "game bar" in the windows search bar and clicking on the app to launch it. The actual app works fine, but only when I type it in, which is completely impractical in any full-screen games.

Here's the interesting thing: the shortcuts to run the bar work perfectly fine when I sign into another account on my PC. what??

What do I do? Please tell me somebody has an answer. Thank you.

:)

IsaiahQuenton, Jan 29, 2024
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox Game Bar Not Working At All.

The Game Bar is an app, does it open when you search the start menu for "Game Bar" and open it that way, or is it the custom keybind that is not opening the app? And for clarification, when you say "W + G" do you mean "Windows key + G"?
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Mouse key bind issue for PTT in game bar

Hi Azhan, my name is Rodrigo, a Player just like yourself who loves helping other consumers with their PlayStation questions. I can assist with most questions; however, I do not have access to your account details to provide information on billing/account queries.

Please, try these steps:

After launching the Game Bar using Win+G, locate the Gear Symbol for settings.

Once there, scroll down to 'Party Chat' to find the option to toggle PTT.

To modify the keybind, first enable it, then choose 'Record Keybind' and press the desired key.

Let me know if it works!
  4. Vngi Win User

Xbox Game Bar Not Working At All.

The Game Bar is an app, does it open when you search the start menu for "Game Bar" and open it that way, or is it the custom keybind that is not opening the app? And for clarification, when you say "W + G" do you mean "Windows key + G"?
    by W + G I mean Windows + G that's correct, I can see it in " Task Manager " when I launch it from the start menu, although if I go to Game Bar Settings to actually enable it, this is how that goes for me I've tried everything on the internet to actually
    resolve this issue but nothing seems to actually do the trick, here's a gif of wha thappens when I try to enable it also thank you for the response.
    [​IMG]
  5. Panda Time Win User

Windows Game Bar - Push to Talk keybind

Hi,

Upon opening the Game Bar via Win+G you will need to navigate to the settings which is the Gear Symbol, Once you have done so you will then need to navigate down to 'Party Chat' you will then see a option to toggle PTT (Push To Talk) to change the keybind it
    will need to be enabled, all you will need to do is select 'Record Keybind, press the key you would like it to be, It will only give you one option for keybinding.

If you are getting multiple keybinds then I would suggest re-installing the Xbox App.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Game Bar automatically turns off

Are you talking about Game Mode in the Gaming section of Windows settings, or Game Bar? What happens when you push the Win Key+G? You can try and reset the Game Bar app. Go to the app in your Start menu, right click the Game Bar app icon, select more,
    app settings, then here you can reset and repair the Game Bar app. Also check the Windows Store for any app updates for the Game Bar.
Thema:

Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs)

1. Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs) - Similar Threads - Windows Game Bar

2. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  5. LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4: This issue has been brought up a few time already here but haven't gotten any good traction. I've played Diablo 4 since release up to season 2 on the Xbox. So, I know what a joy it is to be able...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  9. May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]