Windows error code 0xc000007b after re-building old projects.

Discus and support Windows error code 0xc000007b after re-building old projects. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Due to Windows 8.1 reaching End Of Life (Jan 2023) I have recently bought a new PC with Windows 11 (Pro) installed. I am a software developer and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by J_White_707, Jan 3, 2023.

1. J_White_707
    J_White_707 Guest

Due to Windows 8.1 reaching End Of Life (Jan 2023) I have recently bought a new PC with Windows 11 (Pro) installed.

I am a software developer and wanted to transfer existing Visual Studio C++ projects to my new PC and rebuild them.

After copying and recompiling existing Visual Studio C++ projects, I found that the 32-bit versions of the executables ran OK.

I then created 64-bit versions and when I ran both the Debug and Release executables, I got Windows error 0xc000007b.

It turned out that the older projects (created using VC++ net) had a manifest file (<ProjectName>.manifest) in the project folder.

Removing this file from the list of files specified by the Visual Studio project solved the problem.

Explanation

To overcome the issue of several programs needing to use a different version of the same DLL ('DLL Jell'), Windows uses a technique ('Side-by-Side') that reserves a folder below (e.g. C:\Windows\WinSxS) for different DLL's and different versions of the same DLL.

The reason why the manifest file caused a problem is that it specified the version of the VC++ libraries to use. In this case, it was causing 32-bit DLL's to be associated with the 64-bit app.

This solution only applies to developers writing applications. I have provided it as it might be useful for other developers.

However, it provides an insight into why other threads related to similar issues with other applications such as games not running have recommended users to download and install VC Redistributables 2015, 2017, and 2019 and to install both x64 and x86 versions.

:)

J_White_707, Jan 3, 2023
  2. giacomo volo1 Win User

My games keep on crashing, idk what to do

everything went perfectly but now there is an issue, another error code Error code: (0xc000007b)

any idea what error this is?
  3. XBF - Drew Win User

0xc000007b error while installing CATIA

4. Greymagic27 Win User

i cant fix 0xc000007b error

5. Miguel Molina O Win User

On several games I own, I get the error 0xc000007b.

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

The error 0xc000007b is typically caused by a mismatch between the version of a DLL file that the application is trying to use and the version that is installed on the system. This can happen if the application is built for a different version of Windows or if the DLL file is missing or corrupt.

FONe_777 posted a solution to a similar issue:

"The solution is quite simple.

Install Visual C++

https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx...

Install DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113/es-es?w...;

Original post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

If your problem persists or the problem is fixed please let me know!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Cannot play older compatible games on windows 10

Okay,

Error code 0xc000007b is a common error and usually refers to either missing or corrupted Windows system files and components. There may be issues with one or more of the Visual C++ Redistributable applications installed on your machine.

Below is an an example of these components running on my machine. My machine can run all the older Call of Duty games and Far Cry 3.

[​IMG]

For more information read this
    website link
    that explains common reasons for this error and possible fixes.

For your steam purchases, I also recommend you post on the official
    Steam Hardware and Operating Systems community forum.

Hope that helps.
Thema:

1. Windows error code 0xc000007b after re-building old projects. - Similar Threads - Windows error code

2. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  3. Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows: Does anyone know a way to get my issue to work? I have a Lenovo windows 11 gaming laptop and whenever i attempt to open the Xbox app to play my games, it always gives me an error code; I havent...
  4. Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...: Simply, whenever I try to sign in to the Hitman title screen, I get "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x80070520)" I have tried so many...
  5. PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11: Based on the recent forum posts, some as recent as an hour or 30 minutes ago, I'm not the only person having this issue. I uninstalled the Xbox app because it is broken, it kept insisting that I...
  6. Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc: We can't install xbox app from microsoft store. We get: Error Code: 0x803FB005 - My teenage son uninstalled it on his machine because it was crashing, when he went to reinstall it that is when the...
  7. windows mixed reality error code 1-8

in XBoX on Windows
    windows mixed reality error code 1-8: hello. I have a lenovo explorer vr headset that I am trying to connect to my pc via windows mixed reality. The vr headset has all the appropriate connections and all my pc drivers are updated....
  8. 0xd05e0125 xbox error code xbox app windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0xd05e0125 xbox error code xbox app windows 11: I just downloaded a game on Xbox app now while downloading a new game 0xd05e0125 this is coming up. Microsoft please help 51fd6a32-b672-4b28-b767-e21084974224
  9. Error code 20152945121 when trying to launch Microsoft flight simulator through windows store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 20152945121 when trying to launch Microsoft flight simulator through windows store: Hi, I hope everyone is well, when trying to launch Microsoft flight sim to install the full game I get the error code file system error 20152945121 and I’ve tried so many ways to avoid it but I...
  10. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1