Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

Discus and support Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Muqtadir Shah, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything so I am unsure as to what is even possible to do.

What I have tried:

• Reinstalling game on my M.2
    • Reinstalling the game on my Toshiba HDD
    • Reinstalling the game on an external hard drive
    • Installing another game on epic games launcher to see if its a problem with epic (it is not)
    • Going to compatibility in game files and trying every variation possible
    • Reinstalling windows through a factory reset (that also wiped all my files) , after this I again reinstalled on all my drives
    • Disabling Windows Defender completely
    • Changing the folder permissions and putting it on the disabled windows defenders exception list
    • Using gpedit.msc to disable file explorers ability to lock files to some users
    • Running epic games as administrator, then Fortnite as administrator
    • Verifying the game files (did this almost 10 times now)
    • Trying to launch directly in the folder the game is located in

Note: This is a new PC build and the M.2 in here is from an older system I had laying around, but I had been playing the game for about 6hrs prior

When I came back I also had an activate windows mark even though my windows had been activated the whole time, but I fixed this by reactivating digitally
    Whilst I was gone I was installing Unreal Engine which was 20% done by the time I was back (I cancelled it)

Specs: Ryzen 5 5500, 5700xt, 16GB, 256gb M.2, 1TB HDD, 2TB external SSD (Desktop PC)

:)

Muqtadir Shah, Feb 3, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...