Windows App Game File Transfer to New Computer Not Supported

Discus and support Windows App Game File Transfer to New Computer Not Supported in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i'm building a new computer and I have backed up all my game installation folders from Steam and Origin so they can just be transferred onto the new... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ScatMan033, Oct 30, 2016.

1. ScatMan033
    ScatMan033 Guest

So i'm building a new computer and I have backed up all my game installation folders from Steam and Origin so they can just be transferred onto the new pc, to skip the hundreds of hours of download time that would take. This apparently is not possible with
    Microsoft titles downloaded via the Windows Store. Really Microsoft? Anyone been able to figure out a way around this?

:)

ScatMan033, Oct 30, 2016
  2. mfarazk86
    mfarazk86 Guest
    Transfer files from pc to xbox

Hello. I need help with my XBOX 360 SE.

I have few games on my computer and want to transfer those games on XBOX. How can I do that. I've looked over Google and many suggested to transfer files via FTP. I tried transferring files via FTP but nothing happens. FTP client on computer doesn't connect to XBOX's IP Address. Anywho, how can I transfer the files on XBOX from computer.

Note: I haven't moded my XBOX. It's original.

mfarazk86, Oct 30, 2016
  3. XBOX ONE MEDIA PLAYER CANNOT FIND FILES ON WINDOWS 10

I just set up media sharing/streaming on windows media player for windows 10 and added some video files. when i open up the default folders on the xbox one media player app, my files or folders i added were not visible but my computer itself was/is. my roomates
    windows 7 computer worked fine though. i can view his files and play them. anyone have a clue?

oO Elsvark Oo, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Farscape247 Win User

How to backup games which are installed from Microsoft Store.?

you cannot access game files for windows store or xbox app, they are under an encrypted folder.

you can sign in on the new computer and download again and if it has cloud saves that will follow.

if it does not have cloud saves you can possibly transfer the saves using gamesave-manager which is a third party free utility that finds all games saves on a pc and stores them for you to move to a new system.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

New computer, transfer apps

you can just re-download them, everything is in your account
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox gaming app completely broken - no games will launch, installing errors out, and the support site does not load

the windows store and xbox app add the games to an encrypted folder that is for that one install of windows, you need to remove the windows app folder on the old hdd or format that hdd and redownload, currently they do not support transferring game files from one machine to another (currently being tested under insiders)

eventually it will be like how steam allows it but for now the only option is to clear and redownload.
  7. KS1242 Win User

High on life (the game on gamepass)

Same issue here.....

Downloaded game just now on HDD

Game Does not open after loading screen.

closed app and tried again.

not working still.

transfered file in options on xbox app to SSD Drive.

Still not working.

re-validated file and repaired.

checked for updates on game.

restarted computer.

still same issue.

checked for windows updates but im up to date.

now seeing user with same issues......yes every other game works fine.

Running windows 10 on my computer as i cannot run windows 11.

PC specs;

GPU - Radeon RX 580 Series

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3950 Mhz

Ram - Corsair Vengence - DDR4 3200

MOBO - PRIME B450M-A
  8. Ariel Acu Win User

Solitaire keeps saying no more moves

Hi,

A corrupted file is one of the possible reasons as to why the Microsoft Solitaire Collection keeps informing you that you don't have more moves to take on the game. Let's try to isolate the issue by performing the following solutions:

Solution 1: Run the Windows App troubleshooter on this
    link
    to scan and repair the game.

Solution 2: Remove temporary files on your computer.

Temporary files are automatically deleted after exiting an application or a game. However, restarting your computer without exiting an active Windows session won't delete temporary files. These files may cause issues running games
    on Windows 10.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    2. Select System, and then select Storage.
    3. Select This PC and click on Temporary files.
    4. Select Temporary files.
    5. Click Remove files.
    6. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Solution 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu. This process can help restore corrupted game installation files.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    2. Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    3. Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    4. Click Reset.
    5. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Solution 4: Reinstall the game from the Windows Store.

Let us know if the solutions work with your concern.
Thema:

1. Windows App Game File Transfer to New Computer Not Supported - Similar Threads - Windows App Game

2. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  3. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  9. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  10. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f