Windows 8 network bridge not connecting to Xbox Live

Discus and support Windows 8 network bridge not connecting to Xbox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a problem when I try to connect to Xbox Live via my laptop running Windows 8. Whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sm0lzz, May 27, 2015.

1. Sm0lzz
    Sm0lzz Guest

Hi, I am having a problem when I try to connect to Xbox Live via my laptop running Windows 8. Whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live on my Xbox 360 it doesn't want to connect to Xbox Live. The Xbox 360 says that it is an ip address problem and I tried everything
    on the support site. Could you please help?

:)

Sm0lzz, May 27, 2015
  2. Need Help Connecting to live through pc?

Hey there, you can create a network bridge following the steps at this link under "Create a Network Bridge Connection"

support.xbox.com/.../win-computer

-

To use a network bridge connection, you must have the following though:

•A computer with two network adapters

•Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Note The Windows 7 Starter edition does not support this feature.

•High-speed Internet access

•A standard Ethernet cable

DigitalAssassin, May 27, 2015
  3. KillaK51
    KillaK51 Guest
    Windows 8 connecting to Xbox Live through laptop

Hi everyone, i dont know if anyone has thought of this, but i have also been struggling with connecting to xbox live using my updated version of widows 8. I tried everything and it finally came to me. All you have to do for windows 8 is bridge the connection
    of the wifi and Ethernet in order for it to work. Now this is how i did it.

1. turn off your wifi

2. plug in Ethernet cord from router to your laptop, then restart your laptop.

3. right click on the network connection, and choose ope network connection and sharing. then go to change adapter setting. you will notice both ethernet and wifi are enable.

4. go to wireless one and make sure all sharing is off.

5. now highlight both ethernet and wireless and right click to get properties, then you will see the bridge.

it should bridge and you should be able to connect to xbox live using your windows 8 pc.

KillaK51, May 27, 2015
  4. Brosky aP
    Brosky aP Guest

Hey there ThE BiG HeAd322!

Could you please answer the following questions? Doing so will make it easier for everyone to understand your network layout.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

How many consoles do you have connected to this router?

Wired or wireless (for each console):

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

We'll be waiting for your answer =)

Brosky aP, May 27, 2015
  5. HI there, if I'm reading this correctly, you have a Windows laptop connected to the internet via Wi-Fi and then have the Xbox 360 connected to the laptop using an ethernet cable to connect to Xbox Live through the laptop.

If this is the case, hopefully I can help. I've never tried to do anything like this on Windows 8, but I have had some experience using this kind of setup on Windows Vista. It looks and sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

First things first, we need to find out some info about your network. On the laptop, click on the start/windows button and type cmd then press enter. This will bring up the command prompt. In the command prompt, type ipconfig and press enter. This will bring
    up some info on your laptop's current connection. Look for the IPv4 address and subnet mask listed underneath the network adapter you are using. It should be the only one with any populated IP addresses in it. Write these down so that we can use them to set
    up the xbox in a minute.

The next step on the laptop is to get it to share its internet connection by right clicking on the network icon in the bottom right corner of the desktop and select Open Network and Sharing Center. Then, on the left hand side of this screen, select change
    adapter settings and right click on the active internet connection (Wireless) and select properties. Now click on the sharing tab and tick the box that says Allow other users to connect through this computers internet connection. Then click OK. This may disconnect
    you from the internet for a few seconds as it sets this up. Once it's all back up and running again, that should be everything that needs to be done on the laptop.

Now, plug the ethernet cable into the 360 and connect it to the laptop (If it's not already plugged in, that is) and turn it on., then go all the way to the right to find the settings tab and go into system settings. Then go to Network Settings and choose
    Wired Network. Now select Configure Network and select the IP settings section. Go to manual and then IP address. For the Xbox's IP address, make it identical to the IPv4 address that you got from the laptop, except for the fourth section. Make this a much
    higher number than the laptop to account for other devices that might be on the network already. Don't go too high though, as it needs to be lower than 255. So something between 40 and 100 should be fine.

Next, select subnet mask and just make it exactly the same as the subnet mask listed for the laptop.

Now, select gateway and make this exactly the same as the IPv4 address from the laptop. Then select done and go back one step and go down to adjust the DNS settings. Make the Primary DNS Server the same as the IPv4 address from the laptop, just like you
    did for the gateway.

For the Secondary DNS Server, you can try to make it the same as well, but sometimes it says no because it doesn't like them being identical. If it says this, go back and make the secondary one 0.0.0.0

Now go back and select Test Xbox Live Connection (Of course, make sure that the internet is working properly on the laptop first though) and hopefully that's everything working properly now.

Anyway, good luck and let us know if you get it working or if it still won't connect.

shadow walkerOZ, May 29, 2015
  6. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    Make sure Internet Connection Sharing is enabled and that the bridge network is selected as the target... The way I have it is have ICS enabled to LAN, and then just plug it into the Ethernet port...The Bridge way is so...complicated.

Irixion, May 29, 2015
  7. Sm0lzz
    Sm0lzz Guest
    Thanks shadow walkerOZ, it worked! Windows 8 network bridge not connecting to Xbox Live :)

Sm0lzz, May 31, 2015
  8. Windows 8 network bridge not connecting to Xbox Live

Cool, good to hear it's working now. I used a similar setup for nearly two years, so I know how much of a pain it can be.

shadow walkerOZ, Oct 31, 2018
  9. DigitalAssassin Win User

Need Help Connecting to live through pc?

Hey there, you can create a network bridge following the steps at this link under "Create a Network Bridge Connection"

support.xbox.com/.../win-computer

-

To use a network bridge connection, you must have the following though:

•A computer with two network adapters

•Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Note The Windows 7 Starter edition does not support this feature.

•High-speed Internet access

•A standard Ethernet cable
  10. shadow walkerOZ Win User

Cool, good to hear it's working now. I used a similar setup for nearly two years, so I know how much of a pain it can be.
  11. Brosky aP Win User

Hey there ThE BiG HeAd322!

Could you please answer the following questions? Doing so will make it easier for everyone to understand your network layout.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

How many consoles do you have connected to this router?

Wired or wireless (for each console):

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

We'll be waiting for your answer =)
  12. Sm0lzz Win User

Thanks shadow walkerOZ, it worked! :)
  13. shadow walkerOZ Win User

HI there, if I'm reading this correctly, you have a Windows laptop connected to the internet via Wi-Fi and then have the Xbox 360 connected to the laptop using an ethernet cable to connect to Xbox Live through the laptop.

If this is the case, hopefully I can help. I've never tried to do anything like this on Windows 8, but I have had some experience using this kind of setup on Windows Vista. It looks and sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

First things first, we need to find out some info about your network. On the laptop, click on the start/windows button and type cmd then press enter. This will bring up the command prompt. In the command prompt, type ipconfig and press enter. This will bring
    up some info on your laptop's current connection. Look for the IPv4 address and subnet mask listed underneath the network adapter you are using. It should be the only one with any populated IP addresses in it. Write these down so that we can use them to set
    up the xbox in a minute.

The next step on the laptop is to get it to share its internet connection by right clicking on the network icon in the bottom right corner of the desktop and select Open Network and Sharing Center. Then, on the left hand side of this screen, select change
    adapter settings and right click on the active internet connection (Wireless) and select properties. Now click on the sharing tab and tick the box that says Allow other users to connect through this computers internet connection. Then click OK. This may disconnect
    you from the internet for a few seconds as it sets this up. Once it's all back up and running again, that should be everything that needs to be done on the laptop.

Now, plug the ethernet cable into the 360 and connect it to the laptop (If it's not already plugged in, that is) and turn it on., then go all the way to the right to find the settings tab and go into system settings. Then go to Network Settings and choose
    Wired Network. Now select Configure Network and select the IP settings section. Go to manual and then IP address. For the Xbox's IP address, make it identical to the IPv4 address that you got from the laptop, except for the fourth section. Make this a much
    higher number than the laptop to account for other devices that might be on the network already. Don't go too high though, as it needs to be lower than 255. So something between 40 and 100 should be fine.

Next, select subnet mask and just make it exactly the same as the subnet mask listed for the laptop.

Now, select gateway and make this exactly the same as the IPv4 address from the laptop. Then select done and go back one step and go down to adjust the DNS settings. Make the Primary DNS Server the same as the IPv4 address from the laptop, just like you
    did for the gateway.

For the Secondary DNS Server, you can try to make it the same as well, but sometimes it says no because it doesn't like them being identical. If it says this, go back and make the secondary one 0.0.0.0

Now go back and select Test Xbox Live Connection (Of course, make sure that the internet is working properly on the laptop first though) and hopefully that's everything working properly now.

Anyway, good luck and let us know if you get it working or if it still won't connect.
Thema:

1. Windows 8 network bridge not connecting to Xbox Live - Similar Threads - Windows network bridge

2. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  3. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  4. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  5. Xbox network says "You are not connected to internet" eventhough i am (windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox network says "You are not connected to internet" eventhough i am (windows 11): I installed sea of thieves and wanted to play with my friends, problem when i need to sign up with xbox they say "You are not connected to internet" eventhough i am. I have 2 other friends who...
  6. Xbox network connection has a very high ping. (Windows)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network connection has a very high ping. (Windows): Hello, I have since about a day the problem that my ping to the Xbox network is very high. This is consistently at about 170ms. A reasonable game is not possible. UPDATE: I have set the server...
  7. Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...: Very weird issue, trying to remote play within my home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Using the current version, and the Xbox is up to date. It’s giving me the error "Check your...
  8. Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...: Very weird issue, trying to remote play within my home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Using the current version, and the Xbox is up to date. It’s giving me the error "Check your...
  9. Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...: I'll outright say this is just asinine. I'm trying to remote play from my Series X to my Windows 10 PC that exist on the same network; however, the video quality is absolute garbage and completely...
  10. Does Dual Booting Ubuntu alongside Windows affect window network drivers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Dual Booting Ubuntu alongside Windows affect window network drivers?: I am dual booting ubuntu (for class) and windows 11 (for personal) on my computer. I usually am able to use xbox services on pc without a problem. However, I noticed every time I try to use xbox...