windows 11 xbox pc game - multiple games will load but then crash to windows screen

Discus and support windows 11 xbox pc game - multiple games will load but then crash to windows screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; all updates have been done. DNS flush, clear cache, reboot system, logged out of xbox etc. and still have same issues. This all started on Sunday oct... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nate Logan1, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Nate Logan1
    Nate Logan1 Guest

windows 11 xbox pc game - multiple games will load but then crash to windows screen

all updates have been done. DNS flush, clear cache, reboot system, logged out of xbox etc. and still have same issues. This all started on Sunday oct 8, no new downloads, no new mods.

minecraft PC gives me an error relating to java (I have the log error file).' the other games just quit. i.e Generation Zero loads fine, and you can start playing and then at radom intervel, it just crashes/closes to my desktop - no error notification. this is happening with several of my xbox PC game pass games. All worked fine on Friday/Saturday. Single player, multiplayer.

help!

Thanks,

Nate

:)

Nate Logan1, Oct 10, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hello Nate Logan1,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Nate Logan1,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Windows 11 Xbox PC games crashing to the Windows screen. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

Firstly, I would recommend checking if your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the games you're trying to play. You can find the system requirements for each game on the game's official website or on the Microsoft Store.

If your PC meets the minimum system requirements, then I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version. Outdated graphics card drivers can cause issues with gaming performance and stability. You can download the latest graphics card drivers from the manufacturer's website or through Windows Update.

Additionally, I would recommend checking for any pending Windows updates and installing them. Windows updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that can help resolve issues with gaming.

If the issue persists, you can try running the games in compatibility mode. To do this, right-click on the game's shortcut or executable file, select Properties, and then click on the Compatibility tab. From there, you can select a previous version of Windows to run the game in compatibility mode.

Lastly, if none of the above steps work, you can try to disable your Anti-virus and Anti-malware.

I hope these steps help resolve the issue you're experiencing with your Windows 11 Xbox PC games crashing to the Windows screen. If still the issue persist you may check this website: Troubleshoot gameplay, performance, and stability issues on a Windows device | Xbox Support

Cheers,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

how do i fix halo master chief collection fatal error on launch

yeah it used to **** out when connecting initially and to get around that you start with the moddable version, quit then load the normal version but even that is not working, tried on multiple networks now, looking more like it is windows trashy 11 causing the issues as windows 10 seems to crash less.
  5. STICKEEick024 Win User

Xbox games Crash/Load on Pc.

I believe I answered most of this already but for the sake of it

This started happening within the last week.

This happens to all xbox games on my pc. Some allow me to load into the game but crash within 30 mins, some dont allow me to load into the game at all and just crash immediately with no error code.

Yes all my drivers are up to date and my windows is up to date with no updates pending.

Im using the latest version of windows 11.

I have verified my file integrity on EACH game I have tried to run/load/play.

Unsure of what you mean about increasing virtual memory on my computer?

I have tried closing all non essential background programs/windows.
  6. Vinny Gregory Win User

my PC crashes when I play modded Minecraft

I really love using my mods, and on the other PC in my house that uses mods in the game, that computer actually doesn't/didn't crash. that one uses Windows 7, and mine uses Windows 11
Thema:

1. windows 11 xbox pc game - multiple games will load but then crash to windows screen - Similar Threads - windows game multiple

2. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  3. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  4. How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get the game I purchased in Windows 10 specifically in Microsoft Store from window 11 ?: I bought from the Microsoft Store a game on windows 10 but when I changed windows to windows 11 and then signed in to my account I couldn't find the game I bought. I searched everywhere but...
  5. I want to become a Microsoft PC games, Windows, 365, etc reseller

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to become a Microsoft PC games, Windows, 365, etc reseller: Hi, I want to sell the items mentioned in the question(especially PC games) digitally through my website in India & through Amazon India. Can you please point me to the right direction as to whom...
  6. LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4: This issue has been brought up a few time already here but haven't gotten any good traction. I've played Diablo 4 since release up to season 2 on the Xbox. So, I know what a joy it is to be able...
  7. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  9. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. Using windows game bar (win key + G) - Can I record multiple windows with this? (not a game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using windows game bar (win key + G) - Can I record multiple windows with this? (not a game): Hi all, I have made a graphics program in visual studio. This outputs a console window, plus another window to display the graphics. I googled how to record my screen and found out about the...