Windows 11 Xbox Game Bar installed but missing

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox Game Bar installed but missing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried accessing Xbox game bar via the windows key + G and nothing opened. This has happened previously and I was able to fix it by doing a repair or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Caden V., Oct 27, 2023.

1. Caden V.
    Caden V. Guest

I tried accessing Xbox game bar via the windows key + G and nothing opened. This has happened previously and I was able to fix it by doing a repair or rest in the Windows settings, except this time I could not find it listed. I went into the Microsoft store to redownload but it says it is installed. I tried going to the control panel to uninstall but it is missing there as well, same with File Explorer.

Has anyone experienced something similar to this??

Microsoft store says it is installed but can not find a single trace of it on my PC.

:)

Caden V., Oct 27, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Caden V, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you're experiencing issues with accessing the Xbox Game Bar on your Windows system, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check if Xbox Game Bar is enabled: Go to the Windows Settings by pressing the Windows key + I, then navigate to Gaming > Xbox Game Bar. Make sure the "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" toggle switch is turned on.

Update Windows: Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Outdated system files can sometimes cause compatibility issues. Go to Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for any available updates.

Reset Xbox Game Bar: Open the Windows Settings, then go to Apps > Apps & Features. Search for "Xbox Game Bar" in the list of installed apps. Select it and click on the "Advanced options" link. In the next screen, click on the "Reset" button to reset the Xbox Game Bar to its default settings.

Reinstall Xbox Game Bar: If resetting didn't work, you can try reinstalling the Xbox Game Bar. To do this, open the Microsoft Store app and search for "Xbox Game Bar." If it shows as "Installed," click on the ellipsis (...) next to the "Launch" button and select "Uninstall." Afterward, restart your computer and go back to the Microsoft Store to reinstall the Xbox Game Bar.

Best regards.
  3. Cesar Acosta1 Win User

Xbox App for PC Doesn't work at all. No content shown, no connection to EA. Nothing works.

Windows 11 22H2

I did have one security update pending, but installing it and restarting didn't solve the problem.

Xbox companion, Xbox accessories and Xbox game bar are all installed and updated.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

WIN11下XBOX ONE手柄问题

It is not recommended to use windows 11 yet as it is only in DEV testing, installing windows 11 now, you will find a lot of items and features disabled or missing.
  5. Olaf Krahl Win User

xbox game bar: "add note" in "looking for group" is missing

I´m using Windows 11. The version installed is 22H2.

Last update installed13 days ago.

Xbox App, Xbox Companion App and XBox Game Bar are updated 5 minutes ago.

The problem isn´t solved.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Trying to install xbox app in windows 11 - getting error code 0x80070003

xbox app is already pre installed on windows 11, if its missing how did you remove it as this will give us a clue on what could be wrong.
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Xbox Game Bar installed but missing - Similar Threads - Windows Game Bar

2. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  5. LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4: This issue has been brought up a few time already here but haven't gotten any good traction. I've played Diablo 4 since release up to season 2 on the Xbox. So, I know what a joy it is to be able...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  9. May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]