Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tried several troubleshooting steps found on Microsoft's forums but nothing helped. I'm using windows 11. All updates installed, even optional... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Evgeni Tsvetanov, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...

I've tried several troubleshooting steps found on Microsoft's forums but nothing helped.

I'm using windows 11. All updates installed, even optional ones. Controller firmware is updated. I have 2 separate issues:

1. When connecting via Bluetooth, the controller is recognized as a normal Xbox controller, not elite series 2 and paddles do not work at all in games.

2. I can only connect via Bluetooth, I cannot connect to the wireless adapter. The adapter does not seem to be installed as a device in Device Manager. When I try to pair with the wireless adapter I don't see the controller in available devices.

I've read a ton of similar issues. This sounds like an issue with windows. I'd appreciate if a Microsoft representative acknowledges this and maybe say if this is going to be fixed in a coming update or at least that it's being worked on. Thanks/

:)

Evgeni Tsvetanov, Jun 12, 2023
  2. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
  3. Frankyy2k9 Win User

Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 bluetooth problem!

Hi,

I try to connect my Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 via bluetooth on my Ipad Pro 11 inch 2018, but it can't make connection or won't be recognized. The series 2 controller supports bluetooth. I can make connection with the other older version Xbox
    One S wireless controller immediately.

I'd make a phone call with Apple support and they said that maybe the problem could be that the Xbox Elite controller series 2 won't be supported and isn't compatible with Ipad.

I want to know guys if you had the same problem and I want to ask if there will be an update in the future to solve this problem?
    At the moment the series 2 elite controller is not compatible with Iphones/Ipads. At the moment the only device that the series 2 controller is available on IOS side is the Mac and even that it's janky. Series 2 controller works fine on Android at the moment.
    Sorry if this doesn't help you, I myself is waiting for the Bluetooth proprietary to be added to the IOS list
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

Hello Evgeni Tsvetanov,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

As much as we want to help resolve the issue, we have consulted this to our internal support team. We even try to replicate here in our end.

• When controller is connected to the PC via the cord that comes with the controller it will be recognized within Device Manager as a Xbox one Controller and that is with 6 elite controllers we tested.
    • We were able to connect the controller via Xbox wireless adaptor. Try turning off the internal Wifi on the desktop and then try to connect to that adaptor.
    • Provide us screenshots of the accessories app not recognizing the Elite so we can further investigate.
    • Try other USB port to make sure it may be a USB port issue in your computer.
    • Try resetting the Xbox accessories app. To do so follow the steps below:
    [table][tr][td]Click Start and click Settings. Or press Windows key + I and click on Apps then installed apps.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Scroll down and locate Xbox Accessories app.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Click on the dots to the right and choose Advanced options.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Scroll down and click on Repair and then if still not working, click on Reset.[/td][/tr][/table]

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Evgeni Tsvetanov Win User

Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

What about the other issue - not being able to connect via wireless adapter only bluetooth? (bluetooth is not great, has higher latency)
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Evgeni Tsvetanov,

Thank you for your prompt response and we apologized for some delay with our response.

Windows device will detect the controller as Xbox Controller not specifying the exact name. To configure your Xbox controller using the Xbox accessories app, we need to connect it using USB cable so that we can configure and map the buttons of your controller. To do so, follow the steps provided in the link below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...

1. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller... - Similar Threads - Windows Elite Wireless

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  4. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  6. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  7. Xbox Elite 2 controller problems on windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 controller problems on windows: So I’ve had nothing but problems with this controller I currently have it plugged in with USB I have the accessories app, and the accessories app recognizes the controller as XBOX ELITE 2 Yet...
  8. Which is the right adapter for connecting my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller to my Windows...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which is the right adapter for connecting my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller to my Windows...: I need a wireless adapter for my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller, which I will connect to my Windows 11 laptop. Can you suggest which one to buy? Will the normal XBOX Wireless Adapter work with the...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11: Hi there, Does anyone know if there is a fix for the issue where windows doesn't recognise the XB Elite controller v2 as an elite controller while connected over bluetooth after updating the...
  10. Elite 2 for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 for Windows: Hello I got the elite 2 to use for my window 10 pc (aka NO xbox console). I want to know a few things. 1. The charging dock is NOT a battery? Because i don't see anything indicating it is...