Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tom_678, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Tom_678
    Tom_678 Guest

Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller.

During gameplay I found that some button combinations would change the volume or take screenshots unexpectedly.

I plugged the controller into my PC and opened the Xbox Accessories app, it prompted me to update the firmware.

After updating the firmware I unplugged my controller and was forced to re-pair my controller to my PC. It now was only detected as an Xbox Wireless Controller.

I re-connected my controller via cable, and set one of the paddles to WIN + R, with this config selected and the controller connected via the cable I was able to trigger the run command by pressing the paddle.

When I disconnected the cable and connected via Bluetooth I was now unable to trigger the run command when pressing the same paddle.

I reverted the firmware in the controller and was able to re-pair my controller as an Elite controller but I still have issues with button combinations inadvertently changing the volume, so my options are either I randomly change the volume and take screenshots during gameplay or I have a controller that I cannot customise the paddles. This issue needs to be fixed.

After researching the issue I found that this is a common problem with someone advising the below:

"To everyone who updated their controllers on their XBOX and are now unable to use their controllers on PC/MAC via BluetoothThe reason this is happening is because Microsoft in their INFINITE WISDOM has decided to activate the Bluetooth LE stack on the Elite V2 controller. This is handy for some things. However, what happened when they did that was it changed the DEV_ID of the controller. And by extension they have not updated Windows to recognize the new DEV_ID of the controller. Apple hasn't updated MacOS to recognize it either.

The only way to fix it is below.Downgrade the firmware of the controller in the XBOX assist app on your XBOX. This will revert the bluetooth stack back to the original one and allow the DEV_ID to revert back to it's previous compatible one. This will allow the bluetooth device to work on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android as it previously did."

Can someone please have this issue investigated?

*** Moved from Windows/Windows 11/Devices and drivers ***

***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One***

:)

Tom_678, Jan 12, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: