Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had a problem where I'll fire up the Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC and start remote playing with my Xbox, but after a few seconds the video will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Javaczarbob, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Javaczarbob
    Javaczarbob Guest

I've had a problem where I'll fire up the Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC and start remote playing with my Xbox, but after a few seconds the video will freeze. However, the audio will continue, and if I hit buttons (ex. menu, etc) I'll hear that it's responding to it.

Notably, if I use another PC on Windows 10 or use the Xbox app on an Android device or tablet, I don't have this issue, and everything works fine.

For unrelated reasons, I recently reset my PC, but that didn't help matters.

Anyone seen this before? If so, any ideas?

:)

Javaczarbob, Nov 10, 2023
  2. Pierce H. Win User

Halo: Master Chief Connection

3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox Game Chat isn't working

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend trying the steps located on
    troubleshoot Xbox companion app

My game chat audio isn't working

Make sure your audio device for both input (microphone) and output (speakers) is set correctly on your PC. Under
    Control Panel, select Sound. You’ll find these settings on both the
    Playback and Recording tabs.

If you have trouble hearing audio or seeing video, see
    Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

蓝屏 [Blue screen]

5. Bestlano Win User

Can't use Headset while streaming to win 10

Hi Doom, please make sure your audio device for both input (microphone) and output (speakers) is set correctly on your PC. Under Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, and then select Manage audio devices. You’ll find these settings on both the Playback
    and Recording tabs. At the present time, this needs to be selected before you begin game streaming.

If you have trouble hearing audio or seeing video, reference the following article to see if it may help

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-game-audio-video-Windows-10

If none of that helps please report this issue via Xbox App Beta using the "report a problem".

Thanks for the feedback,

Best
  6. Nights0ng Win User

Issues Connecting PC through HDMI-In on XBox One

Do you have menu sounds enabled for xbmc. Try playing an audio file in the background and see if it doesn't freeze.

It's been suggested by quite a few that if the xbox doesn't get audio about every 10 seconds from the input device, it freezes the video. I presume this was to avoid processing the signal if the device was off, or something....
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue - Similar Threads - Windows App Video

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  9. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App]

in XBoX on Windows
    How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App]: If you are trying to backup your Xbox clips on PC there is no first party solution right now that I am aware of. there are 3rd party resources. I haven't tried this yet but this was mentioned by a...