Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I launch the xbox app it signs me into the wrong account. When I press sign out it automatically signs in again to the wrong account. There... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nicklaus Tyczka, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do

Every time I launch the xbox app it signs me into the wrong account. When I press sign out it automatically signs in again to the wrong account. There is nothing I can do. I have reset the store and xbox apps. This is beyond infuriating and I should be able to switch between accounts seamlessly but somehow Microsoft has broken the sign in feature. Now I am stuck with a broken Xbox app and I can't get to my games. What is going on!?

:)

Nicklaus Tyczka, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Nicklaus Tyczka,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix your issues with the Xbox app on your PC. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and device here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may try.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    - Is everything completely working before?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

1. Open the Xbox app and click on your profile picture in the top right corner.

2. Click on "Sign out" and confirm that you want to sign out.

3. Close the Xbox app completely.

4. Open the Windows Settings app and go to "Accounts" > "Email & accounts".

5. Remove any Microsoft accounts that you don't want to use with the Xbox app.

6. Open the Xbox app again and sign in with the correct Microsoft account.

If the issue persists, you can try resetting the Xbox app by following these steps:

1. Open the Windows Settings app and go to "Apps" > "Apps & features".

2. Find the Xbox app in the list and click on it.

3. Click on "Advanced options".

4. Scroll down and click on "Reset".

5. Confirm that you want to reset the app.

If none of these steps work, you can try reinstalling the Xbox app by following these steps:

1. Open the Windows Settings app and go to "Apps" > "Apps & features".

2. Find the Xbox app in the list and click on it.

3. Click on "Uninstall".

4. Restart your computer.

5. Open the Microsoft Store app and search for "Xbox".

6. Click on "Install" to reinstall the Xbox app.

I hope I helped! Please let me know if you need anything else.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Nicklaus Tyczka,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. ThorX360 Win User

Remove store account

I have just set up a new pc and installed the XBOX (beta) app. The app automatically signed in as my windows (outlook) account. However, my xbox account "Gaming account" is a different email address. I have subscribed to game pass ultimate, but as the app
    has signed me in as my windows account as the "Store Account" I don't have access to my subscription. There does not appear to be anyway to remove/edit/change the store account.

I want to change my Store account to my xbox Gaming account.

I have tried resetting/uninstalling the app but it still automatically has me signed in as my windows account as store account no matter what I do.

Help Pls.
    Hi,

I suggest you to try this way:

- open the Xbox Beta App

- go to Settings (you have to clic on the profile picture in the top right of the screen)

- open the Account tab

- select Change
  5. Steve Mark1 Win User

Xbox app not letting me sign in

Hi I just got a new pc and I can't sign into my xbox app. It keeps signing me into a different account that I never seen before and when I sign out and try signing back in it auto signs me into that account again. I have deleted the app and reset it as well and nothing helps . I'm also signed into the Microsoft app store, and email with the right account its just the app that don't wont. Is there anything I can do?
    Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Check for Multiple Microsoft Accounts: Make sure you don't have multiple Microsoft accounts associated with your PC. Sometimes, multiple accounts can cause confusion when signing in. You can check this by going to "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Email & accounts" on your Windows PC.
    2. Sign Out of the Incorrect Account: If the Xbox app keeps signing you into the wrong account, try signing out of that account first. Open the Xbox app, click on your profile picture in the upper left corner, and then click on "Sign out." After signing out, close the Xbox app completely.
    3. Clear App Data and Cache: Sometimes, cached data can cause login issues. To clear the cache, search for "Apps & features" in the Windows search bar, find the Xbox app, click on it, and then click "Advanced options." From there, you can click "Reset" to clear app data.
    4. Check Windows Account Settings: Ensure that your Windows user account is linked to the same Microsoft account you want to use for the Xbox app. To check this, go to "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Your info." Make sure it shows the correct Microsoft account.
    5. Update Windows and Xbox App: Ensure that your Windows operating system and the Xbox app are both up-to-date. Sometimes, outdated software can cause compatibility issues.
    6. Use a Local Account and Reconnect: If none of the above steps work, you can try disconnecting your Microsoft account from Windows and then reconnecting it. To do this, go to "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Your info" and select "Sign in with a local account instead." Follow the on-screen instructions to switch to a local account, then switch back to your Microsoft account.
      The expertise of structural engineers in Liverpool was instrumental in assisting me with the removal of a wall in my home.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

How to switch Xbox account on Windows 11

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

To switch Xbox account on Windows 11, try the following steps:

Close the Xbox app.

Go to Windows Settings.

Click on Accounts.

Select Email & accounts.

Click on the Microsoft account associated with the Xbox app.

Click on Manage.

Click on Remove.

Re-add the Microsoft account you want to use.

Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the new account.

If the above steps don't work, you can also try clearing the Xbox app's cache by following these steps:

Close the Xbox app.

Go to Windows Settings.

Click on Apps.

Find the Xbox app and click on it.

Click on Advanced options.

Click on Reset.

Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the new account.

These steps should help you switch Xbox accounts on Windows 11.
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do - Similar Threads - Windows App keeps

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  9. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App]

in XBoX on Windows
    How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App]: If you are trying to backup your Xbox clips on PC there is no first party solution right now that I am aware of. there are 3rd party resources. I haven't tried this yet but this was mentioned by a...