Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

Discus and support Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! I'll try to keep this concise, but there is some background involved with my PC. Hardware: ASUS Prime-z790-p WIFI motherboard Intel i9-13900KF... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Thozho Baramont, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

Hello! I'll try to keep this concise, but there is some background involved with my PC.

Hardware:
    ASUS Prime-z790-p WIFI motherboard
    Intel i9-13900KF 32-core 3.0ghz
    Nvidia GeForce MSI Gaming Trio 4090 24GB
    64 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 RAM 6000mhz

As the title says, I installed a Windows 11 update, "23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)" after Windows 11 Home OS gave me no other choice but to install it.

I had made another post on these forums troubleshooting other issues, which I was able to resolve by disabling the XMP Profile in my BIOS, thanks to the stellar help of the person who responded to my post. But not 2 weeks later, this update rolls out and DESTROYED my PC performance.

Now, when I play any game, my FPS does not exceed 20, and my CPU usage spikes to between 70-100% constantly while even idling in a game. And this is on "Lowest/Optimal" game settings. Where prior to 23H2 I was getting 120FPS consistently, and my CPU usage was minimal comparatively.

I've tried reformatting, fresh install, reinstalling drivers; I've run every hardware diagnostic I can find. Everything is up-to-date and working just fine. I do not believe it is hardware - as I said, things were working perfectly before this update.

Has Windows fixed this, or is there something else I can try?

I've already done the "fix" of resetting Windows Security app, enabling core isolation, and virtualization in my BIOS. That didn't seem to fix. I'm at a loss.

Thanks for any help. I look forward to figuring this out.

:)

Thozho Baramont, Feb 3, 2024
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't change game installation location

Thanks to you for the feedback
    In this case the best option would be perform an in-place update for your PC
    Tutorial is for windows 10, but is basically the same for 11
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Question before upgrade into window 11?

Hi,

There is no difference with gaming on Windows 11 compared to Windows 10. You won't experience any dramatic improvement in performance. Likewise, as long as your PC meets the requirements of Windows 11, you shouldn't have any loss in performance either.

All of your games will work with Windows 11. I've been using Win 11 on my PC since December last year.
  4. Zenxcity Win User

Xbox related apps are broken

I'm and I'm here to help you.

Im more then happy to help you.

Im sorry that your experiencing problems with the xbox apps

There are a few problems with the xbox app at the moment.

I can’t do anything because im not an employee

Kind Regards

The “Xbox” app on my PC, and “Game Bar” will not work. I tried a bunch of different solutions, I even reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 > windows 11, but nothing is working. When I open the “Xbox” app it just pops up for a second (black screen with white xbox logo in the middle) then it closes, and “Game Bar” wont open at all. Can someone please help?

(Windows 11 Home 23H2)
  5. xX DRFT JP09 Xx Win User

PC Xbox Game Pass - Slow Download Speeds

After formatting and updating to windows 11 I no longer have this problem, so yeah... Maybe that's a possibile, yet extreme, solution.
    Aren't they still having performance issues with this on gaming PCs?
  6. RezaShahsanami Win User

Lower frame rates in games after 23h2 update. Windows 11

I have the same problem, I also downloaded the latest version of windows 11 23H2 and after I opened a game , my game has crashed and I dont know how to fix this problem please help , thank you
Thema:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

1. Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance - Similar Threads - Windows Home 23H2

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. Home button on xbox controller in windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button on xbox controller in windows 7: I have 2 original xbox one x controllers. When I connect the gamepad with a cable to a PC with Windows 7, the controller turns on and works fine, but there is no action when I press the home...
  4. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  5. Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...: Help me I tied to install Xbox application. Also, I applied all below mentioned command on my laptop. My Window11 comes with Home Single edition 23H2 Version. this command applies my laptop and...
  6. IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...: Re install of IL2 Forgotten Battles into Microsoft FSX on a Windows 7 Home premium base. Used to work perfectly until corrupted by an upgrade possibly now get error code 1723....
  7. How do I enable device encryption in Windows 11 Home edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I enable device encryption in Windows 11 Home edition?: After downloading a game in the Xbox app on pc I'm unable to install it, because of the following error: Disk volume does not support file encryption. According to this Microsoft support page I...
  8. I need help with Minecraft Bedrock Edition (Windows 10 Home Single Languaje), i think the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with Minecraft Bedrock Edition (Windows 10 Home Single Languaje), i think the...: yesterday my minecraft started closing, when i open it it reaches 100%, and the panoramic picture of the starting screen started the animation, then it stops, and minecraft closes without giving...
  9. XBOX One S XDK Dev Home help! Missing Quick Actions window!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S XDK Dev Home help! Missing Quick Actions window!: Hello! I’m a beginner with the XBOX XDK on my XBOX One S and just found out that you can customize your dev home. I ended up removing all the extra tool windows so I could begin setting up my own...
  10. Today on the home page I found just such an error with a pop-up window

in XboX Insiders
    Today on the home page I found just such an error with a pop-up window: [IMG] submitted by /u/Eufeek [link] [comments]