Windows 11 Error Code "0x80070002"

Discus and support Windows 11 Error Code "0x80070002" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This error code started all the way back in 2021 and it got to a point where I just left the platform thinking the issue would fix on its own. Any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MintyyTea, Jul 6, 2023.

1. MintyyTea
    MintyyTea Guest

This error code started all the way back in 2021 and it got to a point where I just left the platform thinking the issue would fix on its own.

Any time I try to download a game for example, "Forza Horizon 5" or "Microsoft Flight Simulator" I would just get hit with this error code every single time. I've tried all the supposed fixes for this issue, reinstalling, changing where games are downloaded, etc.. And at this point nothing seems to work. The Xbox app is simply worthless when downloading games. Downloaded games are fine and work.

For an ongoing issue that I have been dealing with for multiple years. I'd hope to find a solution, and not have my subscription be wasted.

Thanks,

Demarcus

:)

MintyyTea, Jul 6, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

if you haven't tried this one yet, reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Please let me know the results or if you have done this already.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  3. MintyyTea Win User

I've done everything you've said previously and none of that works. It still shows that error code.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly try to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

Make sure to update your Windows, Device Drivers, Xbox, and gaming services app:

Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Xbox and gaming services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  5. qixass Win User

Error installing MS Flight Sim through Xbox Game Pass (Win11) - Error 0x80070002

6. SpatialPig Win User

Windows 11 Xbox App Error Code 0x80070002

Hi Kimmy,

Sorry for the delay - work and all!!

So I have looked at updates and everything is up to date. This is a brand new install of Windows 11 already so I have the latest installed using the Media Tool.

I also ran the powershell command then restarted the PC but it still has the same error.

This is beyond ridiculous to get this fixed - surely others are having the same issue?

Cheers
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Error Code "0x80070002" - Similar Threads - Windows Error Code

2. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  3. Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows: Does anyone know a way to get my issue to work? I have a Lenovo windows 11 gaming laptop and whenever i attempt to open the Xbox app to play my games, it always gives me an error code; I havent...
  4. Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...: Simply, whenever I try to sign in to the Hitman title screen, I get "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x80070520)" I have tried so many...
  5. PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11: Based on the recent forum posts, some as recent as an hour or 30 minutes ago, I'm not the only person having this issue. I uninstalled the Xbox app because it is broken, it kept insisting that I...
  6. Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc: We can't install xbox app from microsoft store. We get: Error Code: 0x803FB005 - My teenage son uninstalled it on his machine because it was crashing, when he went to reinstall it that is when the...
  7. windows mixed reality error code 1-8

in XBoX on Windows
    windows mixed reality error code 1-8: hello. I have a lenovo explorer vr headset that I am trying to connect to my pc via windows mixed reality. The vr headset has all the appropriate connections and all my pc drivers are updated....
  8. 0xd05e0125 xbox error code xbox app windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0xd05e0125 xbox error code xbox app windows 11: I just downloaded a game on Xbox app now while downloading a new game 0xd05e0125 this is coming up. Microsoft please help 51fd6a32-b672-4b28-b767-e21084974224
  9. Error code 20152945121 when trying to launch Microsoft flight simulator through windows store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 20152945121 when trying to launch Microsoft flight simulator through windows store: Hi, I hope everyone is well, when trying to launch Microsoft flight sim to install the full game I get the error code file system error 20152945121 and I’ve tried so many ways to avoid it but I...
  10. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1