Windows 11 can't see XBOX Series X to cast to

Discus and support Windows 11 can't see XBOX Series X to cast to in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cannot seem to cast my PC Desktop to my XBOX. Both on wired LAN, both have remote settings enabled such as RDP and Wireless display. [img] I see... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jimmymcjimjim84, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Windows 11 can't see XBOX Series X to cast to

I cannot seem to cast my PC Desktop to my XBOX. Both on wired LAN, both have remote settings enabled such as RDP and Wireless display.

Windows 11 can't see XBOX Series X to cast to [​IMG]

I see the adapter here but get this when trying to connect

So if the adapter is showing and the xbox is visible (I can stream the xbox to my PC no problem) then could someone update the XBOX app so it works?

:)

jimmymcjimjim84, Oct 23, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi jimmymcjimjim84,

We have an update for you that you may want to check.

There is an app that you can install through Microsoft Store on Xbox Console which this app will allow you to case your PC to Xbox Console.

App: Get Wireless Display - Microsoft Store

Steps on how to get started:

1. Download the Wireless Display app on the Xbox's Microsoft Store.
    2. Open the App on the Console.
    3. Next go to the PC and open your settings.
    4. Go to Bluetooth & Devices.
    5. Click Add device.
    6. Select Wireless Display or Dock.
    7. Finally, you are all set to start casting.
    Hope this will help. Happy Gaming!

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi jimmymcjimjim84,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi jimmymcjimjim84,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to cast your Windows 11 computer to Xbox Series X Console. Based on your description, you could see that the Xbox Console was visible to the PC for streaming. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Casting computer to Xbox Console was made possible because of connecting devices that supports DLNA. With this the Xbox Console Companion app was able to connect to Xbox Console with PlayTo feature that allows apps like Groove or Movies & TV app to be streamed.

Sources:

Connect your PC to your Xbox One console (microsoft.com)

Stream music and video content to your Xbox console using PlayTo (microsoft.com)

We know that this is working previously with Windows 7 & 10 and Xbox One & 360 as there are support articles leading us on how to use them.

Sources:

Stream music and video content to your Xbox console using PlayTo (microsoft.com)

"Play To" feature does not work when two network adapters are on different subnets or when you enable Wi-Fi Direct concurrent mode in Windows 7 (microsoft.com)

Streaming media using PlayTo on Xbox 360 | Xbox Support

Connect your PC to your Xbox One console (microsoft.com)

However, the updates that will include this feature will need to be forwarded to the right team for review. So, this will work on Windows 11 and Xbox Series X.

With that, we appreciate you are asking for an update to Xbox app to do casting from Windows 11 to Xbox Series X Console and we would like to encourage you to submit this feedback to the Team Xbox for them to review.

Kindly follow the guide in submitting feedback through the Xbox App:

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon
    2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu
    3. Select “Suggest a feature”
    4. Provide brief description of your feedback.
    5. Category should automatically be selected.
    If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. psych0jo3 Win User

Windows 11 casting to Xbox One

I am having this exact issue. I have an alienware m15 from 2020. It had Windows 10 and casted perfectly to my One X and then later the Series X that I bought. I was hesitant about updating to Windows 11, but I went ahead and did. Now I can't cast to my Series X. They're on the same network, they're fully updated, and the networking is working perfectly fine. The problem has to be on the OS because it's the only thing that changed.
  6. h89kat+ Win User

Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X

Ok, but isn't my laptop using miracast services to cast to other devices? It should be possible to do it between my laptop and console, and there are various examples demonstrating this (although from what I've found it's casting windows 10 to an xbox one)

On the Microsoft Store for the Wireless Display App, it says "Microsoft's Wireless Display app lets you wirelessly project your Windows or Android based devices to your Xbox One".
Thema:

1. Windows 11 can't see XBOX Series X to cast to - Similar Threads - Windows can't Series

2. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  3. Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10: Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10. The issue sometimes only happens to certain parties as well. I can create and invite friends to a party, but joining theirs is rarely available. I've tried...
  4. Can't play on my xbox windows too my console xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play on my xbox windows too my console xbox one: Dear friends, Recently the software add a bug, you can read my issue on the image attached. I like too play from the pc instead to play the console aae3cac4-b8d0-4d5a-b3b8-8d2c44f6c1c9
  5. I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't receive party or game invites notifications on windows.: Hello, I have an issue. I can't receive party or game invites notifications. It used to work before and for some reason it stopped working. I tried resetting xbox game bar and xbox apps....
  6. I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to Xbox, OneDrive, Windows Store or even manage my own account.: For some time I have been having this issue where every time I try to log into one of my Microsoft applications on my PC a grey window pops up for a second and then immediately disappears. There...
  7. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  8. I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't "Add External Server" to Minecraft Bedrock for Windows: I tried adding a server from Shockbyte, but I am unable to activate either the "Play" or "Save" buttons on the Minecraft Servers tab. I have the correct Name, IP server address, and Port, and the...
  9. I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't remote play my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer: I've been trying to stream my Xbox Series X to my Windows 11 computer but every time I do it says on my console that I stopped the remote play without even showing that I started it. Plus, it...
  10. Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X: Hello, I've been attempting to cast my laptop to my Xbox Series X using the Wireless Display App, and it never seems to work (or maybe it does, but then it disconnects immediately). I can cast...