Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

Discus and support Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RishabhAgarwal2000, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and another one for my work purposes. Need both to be logged in. But the account is not switching; it is stuck on the primary account only. When I I try to log into the new account there is just an endless loop of asking password.

The image Attached just keeps asking password. I also tried setting up Hello Key for this account but it still keep on returning to this screen.

Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App [​IMG]

Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App [​IMG]

I have tried resetting, repairing, and everything mentioned in this thread but no luck

Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Store or Xbox App - Microsoft Community

:)

RishabhAgarwal2000, Oct 17, 2023
  2. RishabhAgarwal2000 Win User

Yes in other devices it is logging in in both MS Store and Xbox app. (I have one more laptop for work) and it is working fine there

Yes in web browser it is logging in and working fine but the issue is MS Store and Xbox Login in the current device.

Regards
  3. RishabhAgarwal2000 Win User

Like I said. I have already used this command

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I have also tried resetting the MS Store using wsreset as well as from the settings no luck.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Got it, thank you for clarifying. Have you tried signing into this account from a different device or web browser?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. RishabhAgarwal2000 Win User

Hi David.

Thanks for your reply but I have already tried all the above-mentioned steps. No luck sadly. I also tried running running Powershell and Terminal commands mentioned in the above mentioned thread but that didn't work also.
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

My apologies, in this case I'm afraid the last step to try would be resetting your Windows install:

To reset your PC, go to Start > Settings > System > Recovery . Next to Reset this PC , select Reset PC. Then, select Keep my files.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App - Similar Threads - Windows Cannot Switch

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots: I cannot find the setting to disable the functionality of the Xbox controller taking a screenshot when I press the button. I use that button for steam screenshots so it is very annoying that a...
  4. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  5. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  6. Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself: So when I try to sign in, the sign in window opens and then closes almost immediately. I saw a post on this sub from someone with the same problem from a couple years ago, and their solution was...
  7. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  8. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  9. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  10. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...