Windows 10 Xbox app will not let me send messages to friends.

Discus and support Windows 10 Xbox app will not let me send messages to friends. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am having trouble sending messages through the Xbox app on my computer. Every time I try to send a message, it tells me to try again later. I also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Brandon Boston, May 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Xbox app will not let me send messages to friends.

I am having trouble sending messages through the Xbox app on my computer. Every time I try to send a message, it tells me to try again later. I also can not load any messages from previous conversations.

:)

Brandon Boston, May 8, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Let's try troubleshooting this issue with the following steps:

Step 1: Clear the Windows Store cache.

1. On the Cortana search box, enter "cmd"
    2. Right-click on Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type wsreset.exe, and hit Enter key.

Step 2: Reset the Xbox app from Settings.

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Apps.
    3. Under Apps and features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.
    6. Restart your computer.
    Let us know if this helps!
  4. Brandon Boston Win User

I tried your solution, but I am still having the same problem. I have noticed some other things too though. I can not get Mixer to connect when I try to broadcast, and Teredo constantly has connection problems. I click the "fix it" button and check the
    connection again, and it says that the NAT type is open. But later it has connection issues again.
  5. Shadowed Figure Win User

Windows 10 Xbox app will not let me send messages. Help!

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the Xbox app. Corrupted data may cause the app to
    not to work properly.

Here are two steps on how to isolate system issues:

Method 1:perform
    a clean boot, this helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. Here is the
    linkon
    how to perform a clean boot.

Method 2:
    Here is a
    linkon
    how to download Apps Troubleshooter.

Have you tried to uninstall/re-install the Xbox App?

Here are steps below on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*|
    Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

I hope this helps.
    Let us
    know the results
    Very sorry for the long time between responses, had gotten sick and couldn't do anything for awhile.

I've tried this method and still cannot send messages or view them. Nothing really seems to work. I did do a step by step with a support member, who told me he would re-contact me in under 2 days. He never did, so I assume they exhausted all reasonable solutions.
    This is really bothersome as I used the Xbox app on my PC quite frequently.
  6. Shadowed Figure Win User

Windows 10 Xbox app will not let me send messages. Help!

Have you delete your app and reintstall app?
    Yes.
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Xbox app will not let me send messages to friends. - Similar Threads - Windows app let

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  9. Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.: So after the last update to xbox app im using the insider delta preview. it no longer shows my installed games in the xbox app itself. they launch and run without any issues. I cannot search for...
  10. Xbox app does not let me sign in (Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app does not let me sign in (Windows 11): I signed up for Game Pass again, hoping the problem solved itself in the last few months, but it looks like I threw another £8 out of the window for nothing. The app does not let me sign in. The...