Windows 10 Xbox App Party Chat (can't hear anyone, no one can hear me)

Discus and support Windows 10 Xbox App Party Chat (can't hear anyone, no one can hear me) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Cannot hear anyone nor can anyone hear me. Went through all of the port forwarding steps, teredo address and microphone/speaker settings to no avail. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jawrduhn, May 28, 2016.

1. Jawrduhn
    Jawrduhn Guest

Cannot hear anyone nor can anyone hear me. Went through all of the port forwarding steps, teredo address and microphone/speaker settings to no avail. I am using an Audio Technica AT2035 that's plugged in through a Scarlett 2i2. Microphone works on every
    other app (Skype, Discord, TeamSpeak, mic test, everything) except this app. Xbox Support has unfortunately been unsuccessful in assistance and have only given me vague statements like sending feedback to developers and not following up. Please assist.

:)

Jawrduhn, May 28, 2016
  2. StrikeyCZ
    StrikeyCZ Guest
    Party

I wanna call with my friend in party, so i plug the Xbox One headset to my controller, everything is fine but he can't hear me in the party, but he can hear me only in game... Even if the Party settings is set to Party Chat, i don't want ppl to hear me ...
    (btw. im streaming Xbox One on Windows 10, is that a problem?)

StrikeyCZ, May 28, 2016
  3. Party chat

Hey thepuff273,

Gold is still required for party chat via the Xbox App. What specific errors or issues are you encountering with party chat? Or is it simply that no one can hear you and you can't hear them?

~Hammer

BroHammersley, May 28, 2016
  4. BroHammersley Win User

Party chat

Hey thepuff273,

Gold is still required for party chat via the Xbox App. What specific errors or issues are you encountering with party chat? Or is it simply that no one can hear you and you can't hear them?

~Hammer
  5. SpLiTsCaTTeReD Win User

Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak
    into my microphone, I can see the party chat flare light up, so the Xbox app is picking up my mic (but I can't see their flare when they speak). I'm using a split 3.5mm jack with an Astro A10 headset. My mic works fine on Discord and other services, but for
    some reason the Xbox Companion app isn't working. I've tried changing the audio settings both on the Xbox app and Windows to other devices, made sure my privacy settings allowed my mic to be used on the Xbox app, hard resetting the Xbox app, restarting my
    PC, plugging my headset/mic out and back in, messed around with my mic settings on Windows and the Game Bar. For some reason, my microphone, specifically in an Xbox One party chat using the Xbox Companion app, doesn't seem to work. Both the Xbox app and Windows
    is up to date. Like I said before, the party chat is picking up my mic evidenced by the flare when I speak, but my friends can't hear me and I can't hear them. I've looked up and tried almost every troubleshoot option online and nothing is working, and it's
    driving me mad. It used to work on my old PC, and I just got a brand new PC yesterday as of posting this and now the problem occurs. Anyone else having this issue? Anybody know how to fix it? Please help!
    Currently April 25th/2020

Still no fix
  6. IdeologicKey638 Win User

Communicator trouble

Okay I can't help you with the issue but I have a similar problem where I can hear friends in party chat and game chat but they can't hear me even though my Xbox is detecting that it hears me talking. This both applies through my mic and the kinect. The
    thing that puzzles me over it all, is that my mic and kinect definitely work because they work through the Skype app, so can anyone help, please
  7. JackHammer360 Win User

Xbox not recognizing my mic when streaming after update.

I am having the same exact issue. I can hear in game chat, but no one can hear me. MS, please prioritize this for fix! It had worked previously, but it has not worked worked now for a long time. As a workaround, I hear that you can install the xbox beta
    app alongside the regular xbox app and use the in app party chat with one app and stream with the other, but this will only work with party chat, not in game....
  8. XBF Aaron G Win User

Can't hear anyone in party chat

MidnightThudJustin,

Select your Xbox button on your controller and scroll down all the way down to the right. Select
    Audio and make sure your mic is not muted here.

If that does not work try going into settings

select network settings

select advanced settings

select Alt Mac address

Clear

Restart

Trouble Shoot Headset click the link for other trouble shooting
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Xbox App Party Chat (can't hear anyone, no one can hear me) - Similar Threads - Windows App Party

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  9. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party: Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering...
  10. I am having issues with voice parties on the xbox app on windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am having issues with voice parties on the xbox app on windows 11: This is the error i get on the xbox app https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/408402899618627586/1154584579223588964/image.png The error i get is Something went wrong with your party please try...