Windows 10 Xbox App not turning on / finding my Xbox One X

Discus and support Windows 10 Xbox App not turning on / finding my Xbox One X in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Even though Instant On is enabled on the Xbox One X and that the console is on the same network as my Alienware Windows 10 Laptop, the Xbox App is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GrahamDavis1, Aug 21, 2018.

1. GrahamDavis1
    GrahamDavis1 Guest

Even though Instant On is enabled on the Xbox One X and that the console is on the same network as my Alienware Windows 10 Laptop, the Xbox App is unable to turn on my Xbox One X. If I go to where the Xbox One X is and turn it on that way as normal, it will
    stream to the laptop.

The Xbox app is up to date.

Can anyone help.

:)

GrahamDavis1, Aug 21, 2018
  2. zachreyes
    zachreyes Guest
    'Turn On' Xbox One from Windows 10 Not Working But SmartGlass Does

I am unable to turn on my Xbox One from the Windows 10 Xbox app, receiving the following error message "We are unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your console and your console is set to instant-on".
    However, if the Xbox One is already on, I can connect and utilize game streaming from Windows 10. On the same network, I can successfully turn on the Xbox One from the SmartGlass app on my iPhone and then connect to the Xbox One for game streaming from Windows
    10. Any ideas for how to get the Xbox One to turn on directly from Windows 10 without having to use the SmartGlass app? Thanks!

zachreyes, Aug 21, 2018
  3. zachreyes
    zachreyes Guest
    'Turn On' Xbox One Not Working But SmartGlass Does

I am unable to turn on my Xbox One from the Windows 10 Xbox app, receiving the following error message "We are unable to turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your console and your console is set to instant-on".
    However, if the Xbox One is already on, I can connect and utilize game streaming from Windows 10. On the same network, I can successfully turn on the Xbox One from the SmartGlass app on my iPhone and then connect to the Xbox One for game streaming from Windows
    10. Any ideas for how to get the Xbox One to turn on directly from Windows 10 without having to use the SmartGlass app?

zachreyes, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Proscaline
    Proscaline Guest

I would reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and see if that helps this issue. If not, it could just be an issue with the app itself that needs to be updated. Run this command on Powershell as admin:

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "xboxapp"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Then reinstall the app from the Store.

Proscaline, Aug 22, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: