Windows 10 - Xbox app closes itself after a few seconds in the Game Pass menu + issue with...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Xbox app closes itself after a few seconds in the Game Pass menu + issue with... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble with the Xbox app lately. I've discovered that the app would crash immediately upon starting it. I've tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CrøstDærgön, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Windows 10 - Xbox app closes itself after a few seconds in the Game Pass menu + issue with...

Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble with the Xbox app lately.

I've discovered that the app would crash immediately upon starting it. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that didn't help much.

Then, I tried the "repair then reset" method, and now I can get in the Game Pass menu, but the app fails to load the games that were already installed in my library, before closing itself.

Also, trying to install any game now results in the app telling me to download Gaming Services, and when I do install whatever this is, it literally does nothing, the app keeps telling me I need it although I already have it.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4
    PSU - Corsair ATX RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold (CP-9020201-EU)
    SSD - Kingston NV2 2 To
    GPU - Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT EAGLE
    CPU - AMD RYZEN 7 5800X - AM4 - 4,70 GHz - 8 cores
    RAM - 2x16gb Kingston Fury Beast @ 3600Mhz
    Display - AOC Q27G2U Adaptive Sync
    Watercooling - Aerocool Mirage L360 - 360 mm

Thank you to anyone who has an answer.

:)

CrøstDærgön, Apr 21, 2023
  2. RobG88 Win User

Windows 10 preview build 10547 - Xbox streaming broken

Same issue.

IMHO it seems like the controller input (bumps, sticks, buttons) is being passed to both the Xbox App & the Xbox One. I can see the Xbox App menu continuously popping up with each stick - left or right - but it all comes down to whenever the B button is
    pressed the stream window closes and it's game over.

My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 preview build 10547 early this morning 9/19/15.

Since I have not been able to properly stream via Xbox App (build 16003) & Xbox App Beta (build 16000).

After contacting to my Xbox, the menu system for the Xbox App is still active -- as if I'm moving my mouse to the top of the screen or I've mouse clicked on the screen.

I'm able to navigate with bumpers and sticks, but each movement that focuses on tiles results in the Xbox App menu popping up and when I click the B button the streaming window instantly closes because the controller is passing input from the controller
    to the Xbox App rather then the Xbox itself.
  3. NoahMST Win User

PC Game Pass game will not launch, crashes on splash screen

I had this issue in the past with Hitman 3 when that first launched on Game Pass, but that was fixed by leaving the Insider version of the Game Pass app.

Now I'm not in the Insider app anymore, and Vampire Survivors is the only game I've had this issue with. And there are no errors that come with the crash, the game window just closes about 1 second after opening
  4. Hordie Win User

xbox1 error message.

Hi rickyb1960 ,

Sorry you're having issues with your IE app for Xbox. Do you get this error when you try to open a page, or when you try to open the app itself. If the app opens, but you get this error in the internet window, can you try browsing to another site like xbox.com?
    If it's the IE App itself, try closing the app, by pressing menu, then close. If it's still not working, try doing a hard reset. To do this, with the Xbox on, hold the power button down for about 5 seconds. The Xbox will quickly turn off. After that turn it
    back on, and see if the app works. If you still cannot get it to open let us know so we can give you some more steps.
  5. SLB4EVERPT Win User

Every app closes after a few seconds

Did you tried to reinstall them?
  6. Srikanthan Srinivasa Win User

Why does my Microsoft app keep closing by itself

I tried Reapair and Reset options and nothing works. Windows updates are up to date but still MS accessory app getting close after few seconds when I click to open the app
Thema:

Windows 10 - Xbox app closes itself after a few seconds in the Game Pass menu + issue with...

1. Windows 10 - Xbox app closes itself after a few seconds in the Game Pass menu + issue with... - Similar Threads - Windows app closes

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10): Suddenly out of no where the xbox app wouldn't open but just close instantly. I tried restarting pc and repairing and restarting xbox app or even reinstalling it. I even tried reinstalling...
  5. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself: So when I try to sign in, the sign in window opens and then closes almost immediately. I saw a post on this sub from someone with the same problem from a couple years ago, and their solution was...
  8. Windows 10 Xbox App loads black screen, then closes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox App loads black screen, then closes: Hi, I recently tried to install the Xbox app on a Windows 10 desktop PC. I had issues and error codes trying to get it to install. Finally it installed. Try to run it and loads the black screen...
  9. Xbox sign-in window automatically closes/crashes and xbox app services are missing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox sign-in window automatically closes/crashes and xbox app services are missing: Guys, how do I sign into the Xbox App??? The sign-in window just simply crashes when I click sign-in and the xbox app services are also missing in services.msc. Please help. I just want to play...
  10. When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ...: Got the same code, still stumped. dee19291-358c-4ec5-a8ef-6bb737541714