Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bowjangls, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Bowjangls
    Bowjangls Guest

After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and unplug my controller several times until my pc decides to act normal. Did the windows update turn on/add some stupid accessibility feature? Windows 10 version 22h2 19045.4046

:)

Bowjangls, Feb 16, 2024
  2. Catherine Cus. Win User

Does ANYONE at Xbox care about the useless wireless dongles they are selling?

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering issues with connecting the controller while streaming using the Xbox app on Windows 10 is due to an outdated device driver. Other reasons are corrupted profile data and compatibility issues with the controllers
    and your Windows 10 PC.

We suggest checking if there are updates available for your Xbox controllers on Windows 10. Refer to

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows
    10 for the steps.

Note: Make sure to restart your console and your Windows 10 PC after updating.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be glad to provide you additional assistance.
  3. em0ney Win User

Xbox one streaming on Windows 10 not working when trying to play multiplayer

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the available updates for both my Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. There was an update available for the Windows PC and I downloaded and installed it. There was not an update available for the Xbox One.

I also connected all of my controllers to the Xbox One and searched for updates, and none were available.

So everything should be on the latest updates.

I did try and plug the controllers into the Windows 10 PC over USB to see if that helped, but I got the same results. In the Xbox app in Windows all of the connected controllers worked for navigation of the menus and making selections. It is when I connect
    to the Xbox One and open streaming that I lose the ability to do anything except with the one controller. The issue isn't isolated to a single controller either, whichever one I connect first works while streaming, and all the others won't. If I try again
    using a different controller, then that will be the one that works and the others don't.

I have not made any changes to my system or connections outside of applying the updates as they come along.

I am not able to try a different Windows 10 PC as this Surface Pro 2 is my only one.

Everything else about streaming the games works great, I am hoping you can help me find a solution to the controller connection issue as it is the only thing standing in my way. Thanks again for your support.
  4. MoeZArts Win User

Xbox oturum açamıyorum

Hi Eneskoc,

You can not log into your account on console or PC? is that right?

On PC, make sure you have your apps and Windows updated by running an update check.
    Check for updates in Windows 10. Open Start Menu and click on Settings >
    Update & Security settings > Windows Update.

You can check for apps updates, open Microsoft Store app on PC. In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select
    Downloads and Updates.
  5. Mister Beep Win User

HOW CAN I USE THE Nvidia GPU-Bundled GEARS OF WAR game IN WINDOWS 10? i have a PC, NOT A CONSOLE!

Hey there,

Don't fret, all Xbox Play Anywhere games such as Gears of War 4 play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. First, make sure your Windows 10 PC has been fully updated with the Anniversary Update. You can find Windows updates by searching 'Check for updates'
    within the Start menu.

Once you've done that, open the Windows Store and navigate to the Gears of War 4 product page to install the game. You must be signed into the same Microsoft Account that owns the Gears of War 4 license to be able to download and install the game on Windows

Keep us posted how it goes!
  6. MogZero Win User

XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB

No outstanding updates showing in the xbox accessories app in Windows 10.

All laptop firmware and drivers have been installed.

All windows updates have been installed.

The problem with the controller also affects Windows itself - normally you can select things in the start menu with the controller, when the pairing issue happens, the start menu doesn't respond to the controller so it's nothing to do with the games.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming - Similar Threads - Windows Update makes

2. Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11

in XboX Insiders
    Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11: Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11. It's been going on for weeks. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox identity provider displays an error when trying to update on Windows 11.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox identity provider displays an error when trying to update on Windows 11.: It shows a mistake on our side. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  5. My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?: I have an old rock candy wired controller that I have been using for years. Since getting Windows 11 whenever I want to use it it I need to check for updates through Windows Update and install...
  6. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  7. I can not download anything not even a windows update!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not download anything not even a windows update!?: See what's happening [img] 448a7bb3-707a-4045-b8c9-7a9908e50fd6
  8. Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance: Hello! I'll try to keep this concise, but there is some background involved with my PC. Hardware: ASUS Prime-z790-p WIFI motherboard Intel i9-13900KF 32-core 3.0ghz Nvidia GeForce MSI Gaming Trio...
  9. Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client: First message: Your Realm will soon be updated. You will need an update too. Check for game update now? Check Store -> I clicked Get updates and none exist for Minecraft for Windows (bedrock)...
  10. Latest update makes me want to throw xbox out my window

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update makes me want to throw xbox out my window: Since the latest update my external seagate harddrive doesnt read no matter what i do. i cant play any games on external or internal, it will not play them. I cant download any games at all....