Windows 10 PC unable to detect Xbox One with wireless display app

Discus and support Windows 10 PC unable to detect Xbox One with wireless display app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have discovered the wireless display app on the Xbox and tried to get it working to stream pc games on my tv. My windows 10 PC is connected... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by mirkoscarcella, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 PC unable to detect Xbox One with wireless display app

Hello, I have discovered the wireless display app on the Xbox and tried to get it working to stream pc games on my tv.

My windows 10 PC is connected to my network via ethernet while the xbox is conneced via wifi (5ghz).

I followed some tutorials, so I downloaded and run the app on my xbox, and the tried to locate the xbox on my pc under the connect options, but only my current monitor appears.

I have checked if my PC supports miracast and it turns out it does but without hdcp. Also, I am currently able to cast my pc to my tablet with other programs so miracast shouldn't be an issue, I think.

I am also able to cast my phone on the xbox (via wifi of course), so I guess the xbox is not at fault either.

Is there any way to solve the problem? Do I have to have both devices wired OR wireless? Or is there some other possible problem that could be solved? Thank you.

:)

mirkoscarcella, Jun 12, 2021
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello there!

Regarding your issue, you will need to try getting in contact with "wireless display support" in order to get assistance.

Please try vising this link Get Wireless Display - Microsoft Store, scroll down to additional information and you will be able to find the link in order to go on their support page.
  3. Paul Bab Win User

Teredo server connectivity is blocked on xbox app. Works fine on other devices on same network.

Hi,

Let's isolate your case by answering the following questions:

1. Is your Windows 10 PC connected to a wired or wireless network?

2. Have you tried connecting your Windows 10 PC to a different network?

To help resolve connectivity issues with the Xbox app on Windows 10, check out any of the links below and perform the solutions provided:

Xbox app NAT type on Windows 10 displays "Teredo is unable to qualify"

Xbox app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Looking forward to your response.
  4. ryknow27 Win User

Wireless Display app refuses to connect to PC

Have you had any luck with this yet? I am having the same issue. No matter what I try, I am unable to stream from the PC to my Xbox One using the wireless display app on the Xbox One. When I run the check on my PC running Windows 10, it states "Miracast:
    Available, with HDCP" but it just will not work.
  5. ngocphi Win User

How can i stream from Xbox Console to PC wirelessly??? the XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION AND XBOX APP FOR WINDOWS 10 are broken!

You read the wrong forums then

Its the wireless display app

The companion app only allows remote from a windows 10 pc not anything older and communications
  6. Saint2Cyn Win User

How can i stream from Xbox Console to PC wirelessly??? the XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION AND XBOX APP FOR WINDOWS 10 are broken!

You read the wrong forums then

Its the wireless display app

The companion app only allows remote from a windows 10 pc not anything older and communications
    First I fixed it... I missed a windows update đŸ˜©

Second, the wireless display allows you to send stuff to your xbox.<not what I asked for> I wanted to use my pc as a second screen. Which is why I use the companion app.

But thanks for replying...
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC unable to detect Xbox One with wireless display app - Similar Threads - Windows unable detect

2. Unable to upgrade xbox wireless headset firmware from windows PC 10/11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to upgrade xbox wireless headset firmware from windows PC 10/11: Hello! yesterday i received my new Xbox wireless headset, but there is no way to execute a firmware upgrade. I am going to use the headset on windows PC or mobile phone, so i have to upgrade by...
  3. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  4. How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?: I've been playing Minecraft on Windows 10 with my friends for a long time with no issues. Last month, it started showing an error saying "unable to connect to world" whenever I try joining someone...
  5. Unable to upload xbox game bar clips from windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to upload xbox game bar clips from windows: I used to be able to upload clips taken from my pc with the xbox game bar but since the last updated the options has disappeared not sure why a66349b5-424a-44f0-b342-7670376dfe3e
  6. Unable to update Minecraft for windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update Minecraft for windows: My son's Nintendo Switch recently updated Minecraft to version 1.20.50, while the version on my PC remained at 1.20.41. When attempting to update it through the Microsoft Store, I encountered an...
  7. Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11: I had an issue with the xbox app not opening after an update the other day. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the app to download. however now i cannot sign in. The screen flashed black for a...
  8. Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now most of my Game Pass games are gone and I am unable to play or reinstall them. I am getting error code 0x80073cf9. I have tried resetting the window store...
  9. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  10. Unable to select internal SSD as an install path on Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to select internal SSD as an install path on Windows: I see the SSD drive I want to select when I change default install location but when I select it from the drop down it changes itself back to the Internal HDD instead. I have reinstalled the Xbox...