Windows 10 not showing xbox series s as wireless display.

Discus and support Windows 10 not showing xbox series s as wireless display. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series s is not displaying as a wireless display on my windows 10 pc. Both devices are on the same wired network, and i have the wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EdvardRokkan, May 6, 2024.

1. EdvardRokkan
    EdvardRokkan Guest

My xbox series s is not displaying as a wireless display on my windows 10 pc. Both devices are on the same wired network, and i have the wireless display app open on my xbox, but it still doesn't work.

:)

EdvardRokkan, May 6, 2024
  2. EdvardRokkan Win User

It just won't show up. other displays will, but not the xbox

[​IMG]
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi EdvardRokkan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try connecting via Wi-Fi.

Connect the Xbox and the PC on a wireless network and do the setup.

Open the Wireless Display App on your console.

Then press the Windows Key + K on your PC.

Source:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...-windows-f6a7cd01-fdec-560c-4593-698a1b3098c4
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello EdvardRokkan,

Please, power cycle the console to clear its cache data and try again.

To do it, follow these steps:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello EdvardRokkan,

So you receive a message saying you need to connect a cable to cast to an external display?
  6. EdvardRokkan Win User

Hi, i tried connecting to the same wifi, but it still won’t appear on my pc
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not showing xbox series s as wireless display. - Similar Threads - Windows showing series

2. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  3. How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system: I know that xbox its just a modifided windows pc but how is not letting you out of the modifided komi app or something because i tried and I can exit it but why I can’t on Xbox...
  4. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  5. How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations: I have a friend that I watch movies with while on FaceTime. She watches them on her Xbox and I watch it on my Windows laptop. It feels like we spend more time trying to sync the movie to the same...
  6. Why is my window toolbar missing and how do I show it again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my window toolbar missing and how do I show it again?: [img] [img] So, for a while now my toolbar (the bar with the x, minimize and expand icons) has disappeared and I can't get it back so now minecraft isn't opening as it's own app but just taking...
  7. Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...: Clean Install of Windows 11, Now the XBOX PC app does not show my library. Tried all troubleshooting options. Mobile seems to show my library and history, just not the PC app. Signed out and back...
  8. Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.: So after the last update to xbox app im using the insider delta preview. it no longer shows my installed games in the xbox app itself. they launch and run without any issues. I cannot search for...
  9. Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall: So, a recent Windows update borked my system so I had to do a fresh reinstall, and afterwards all my data remained the same but none of my games or other programs are showing up. I see that they...
  10. Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play.: My son used a Xbox gift card to buy Minecraft Java Edition for his PC from the Xbox store. It shows in his library, yet says he needs to buy it (again) and there is no record of the purchase being...