Windows 10 gaming Network says that I have 42 ping, but the xbox app says that I have over 400 ...

Discus and support Windows 10 gaming Network says that I have 42 ping, but the xbox app says that I have over 400 ... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ever since I've moved onto a college campus, the xbox app has had a high latency, even though the internet here is absolutely amazing. I've checked in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TheCharlieMD, Aug 29, 2018.

1. TheCharlieMD
    TheCharlieMD Guest

Windows 10 gaming Network says that I have 42 ping, but the xbox app says that I have over 400 ...

Ever since I've moved onto a college campus, the xbox app has had a high latency, even though the internet here is absolutely amazing. I've checked in the settings, gaming, network thing, and it says that everything is great and I have around 47 ms ping,
    but in the xbox app, it says that everything is fine, but my latency is at over 400 ping. The only thing this is doing is making me unable to efficiently use the party chat. How do I fix this? Also, I've already tried everything that the xbox connection forums
    have, and I can't find Toredo in the device manager or legacy drivers, and I've tried everything about that too, but I know it's there because the status check says so.

:)

TheCharlieMD, Aug 29, 2018
  2. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    how to change the network server to the nearest?

Don't worry about the ping in the network settings app.

You are pinging a server in Seattle no matter where you are in the world.

I'm in the UK and i get a ping of 156 in the settings app. But in Titanfall I have a ping of 24.

Just because the test server is in seattle doesnt mean the game servers are.

Personally I think they should remove the ping test because if they are not going to ping servers in your own region i don't see the point.

Malacath, Aug 29, 2018
  3. LuvOfThaGame
    LuvOfThaGame Guest
    Dedicated servers? Then why the lag and connection advantages?

go to settings/network/test multiplayer network/when test completes hold down both triggers and bumpers. Come back and tell me what everything says.
    BTW. The ping in the tests is to Redman, Washington not your local servers. Dont know why they did it that way, but they did. Its going to be much higher than a local ping. For example, my Xbox One settings ping at 84ms. Titanfall pings at 35ms. So I ping 84ms to Washington, 35ms to Chicago(local servers). I live about 300 miles from Chicago(local server).

LuvOfThaGame, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Windows 10 gaming Network says that I have 42 ping, but the xbox app says that I have over 400 ...

These will be two different servers you will be trying to get a timing on. And they wont be the ping that you will be getting when you play, as a ping will be the time and hops it takes to contact a server.

The best ting to do is to check the PING if its available from inside a game on the Xbox to get an idea how good the latency is on that game, as the test server for the Xbox isnt going to be the game server you connect to.

Basically the test server is just to see if your internet is working. As to using a campus network, they could have reduce the speed for specific ports that are used for gaming.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Aug 30, 2018
  5. TheCharlieMD
    TheCharlieMD Guest
    I'm not worried about game ping, the Xbox app, thanks to the high latency, won't allow me to talk to others in parties.

TheCharlieMD, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: