Windows 10 automatically installs driver and pair with an Xbox One Wireless Controller

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically installs driver and pair with an Xbox One Wireless Controller in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. I am having some problems with my Xbox One Wireless Controller and Windows 10 laptop connection. I hope you can help me, below are the details of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GmOasis, Nov 4, 2018.

1. GmOasis
    GmOasis Guest

Windows 10 automatically installs driver and pair with an Xbox One Wireless Controller

Hi. I am having some problems with my Xbox One Wireless Controller and Windows 10 laptop connection. I hope you can help me, below are the details of the issue.

1. When I turn on bluetooth, Windows 10 automatically installs driver for a Xbox Wireless Controller even if my controller is still switched off. I tried removing the paired controller from the devices but everytime I restart bluetooth it reinstalls again.

2. When I try to connect my Xbox Wireless Controller to laptop via bluetooth, Windows 10 cannot detect the controller. I can only use my controller via wired usb connection.

I have installed this before and works perfectly via bluetooth, now I can only use the controller via wired usb connection.

:)

GmOasis, Nov 4, 2018
  2. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    Download page redirects, invalidating help articles regarding connecting xbox 360 controllers to a PC

Zsigma,

Are you trying to find the drivers for the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver? If so, then the drivers are built in to Windows 10, and should install automatically when you plug the adapter into a USB port. If you are using an earlier version of windows, then
    the add new hardware wizard should start, and find the drivers.

PCs require the adapter in order to use a 360 controller, as the controller uses a custom wireless format.

There are instructions to set up the receiver and controller here: Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

Good Luck!

Echo4Ent, Nov 4, 2018
  3. cy43rguru
    cy43rguru Guest
    xbox one wireless adapter DOES NOT EVEN WORK. AT ALL.

First check device manager, (Win+X->Device Manager) if you actually see under Network Adapters something like "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows". If you see "XBOX ACC" then right click, "Update Driver Software"->"Search automatically for updated driver
    software".

Next make sure there are charged batteries in the controller

For pairing your controller to the adapter, either

* Connect the usb controller through a USB cord (you can use one used for phones, one end micro USB, the other USB), wait for a little while, the driver will automatically pair the wired controller to the adapter, unplug and it should flash and find the
    adapter (light would turn solid)

* OR, press the pairing/enroll button on the adapter, then press the pairing/enroll button on your controller, light on the controller should flash and then turn solid once paired.

cy43rguru, Nov 4, 2018
  4. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest

Hello Gm0asis,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The most common reason that a controller does not sync to a device is lack of an update. We recommend making sure the

Xbox One controller
    and
    Windows 10
    are up to date. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Nov 5, 2018
  5. GmOasis
    GmOasis Guest
    Hi. my windows 10 and xbox one wireless controller are updated. same issue cant connect wirelessly and windows pairs even when my controller is turned off/not even plugged to laptop. Windows 10 automatically installs driver and pair with an Xbox One Wireless Controller :(

GmOasis, Nov 5, 2018
  6. Hi there GmOasis,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with connecting your Xbox One wireless controller to
    your Windows 10 device. Thanks for checking the device and controller for updates. The next troubleshooting steps can be found in this article:
    How
    to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

Try this out and let us know the results.

XBF Crystal P, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: