Win10 Xbox App - Minimises when clicking on another screen

Discus and support Win10 Xbox App - Minimises when clicking on another screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there, So recently I started streaming on Twitch, as I have no capture card I stream my XBOX feed to the Win10 application then use Display... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SamPrice91, Jul 11, 2017.

1. SamPrice91
    SamPrice91 Guest

Hey there,

So recently I started streaming on Twitch, as I have no capture card I stream my XBOX feed to the Win10 application then use Display capture on that in OBS for streaming. My problem is that everytime I want to interact with another application (OBS, Streamlabs
    etc,) my Xbox App window is minimised, is there anyway to stop this from happening??

Thanks

:)

SamPrice91, Jul 11, 2017
  2. VestedFour1
    VestedFour1 Guest
    Performing Test Automation on Xbox

Is it possible to connect remotely to xbox ?

By team viewer or any other remote connection app?

The XboxOne application (for win10) is not good cause I cant control the mouse,

I want to connect a mouse\keyboard to xbox and connect to it remotey to simulate clicking on the screen.

VestedFour1, Jul 11, 2017
  3. drone34
    drone34 Guest
    I can't make a Bio or name anymore

I have a solution, it is the only way I believe. I was haveing the the same problem, until I remembered that there is a xbox app called "xbox smart glass" on the App Store for iPhone and android, on the app you can edit your bio,location ,name. At the bottom
    of the screen you will see two icons one on the right has a shirt in the circle when clicking on that icon , it will direct you to another page where you will be allow to edit your avatar ,to the left of that icon is a pencil and board in the circle when
    clicking on that icon you will be lead to another page that will allow you to edit your,motto,name,location,bio,etc

drone34, Jul 12, 2017
  4. Mihael Širka Win User

Games no longer launch Xbox games pass pc

I click on play, the Xbox app minimises and nothing happens. There is no process from The Outer Worlds in the task manager, nothing.
  5. VestedFour1 Win User

Performing Test Automation on Xbox

Is it possible to connect remotely to xbox ?

By team viewer or any other remote connection app?

The XboxOne application (for win10) is not good cause I cant control the mouse,

I want to connect a mouse\keyboard to xbox and connect to it remotey to simulate clicking on the screen.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Alt tab not minimising some games?

Just to clarify - if you alt tab out of a full screen game to a window that's
    not
    covering your entire wallpaper (i.e not maximised), is the game minimised? Or is the game still visually running in the background for you, blocking your view of the wallpaper?
    Hi,

If I alt + tab from game that's running full screen then my game is minimised to the Taskbar. I must remind you that unless you have another application either running on the desktop or also minimised, alt + tab won't take you anywhere. If I hold the keys
    down, my game shows in a small window in the middle of the screen. When I let go of the buttons it goes back to full screen.

On pretty much all of my games, if I press the Windows Key on my keyboard, it automatically displays the Start menu and my game is minimised completely.

While a game is minimised, it still uses system resources such as in RAM, CPU and GPU cycles.

There is nothing special about my PC configuration. Standard Windows Settings. I built the PC myself it's an i7 8700, 16GB and an RTX 2080 graphics card.
  7. jimtopbloke Win User

High CPU usage and slow download for Flight Simulator 2020 downloader

I've noticed the Flight Sim 2020 app when minimised uses considerably more CPU (going from 15% to 70% when minimised) and considerably more GPU (18% going to 48% when minimised)

What on earth could cause this to happen?

You would presume the opposite would be true, but it's not the case

I am growing very weary of the Store apps, they cause me nothing but issues during the install compared to Steam or any other game installers
  8. RippenHarra Win User

Preview Program Questions for people NOT in the Preview

To the OP I tried it out this morning for movies and music and the Answer to your Question is NO, music cannot be played in the background, the app can be minimised to the home screen but opening up another game or app cancels any playback from Media app.
    Having said that it did work fault free for me so it's a win so far. Now bring on that DNLA part and it's gold.
Thema:

1. Win10 Xbox App - Minimises when clicking on another screen - Similar Threads - Win10 App Minimises

2. Xbox app (win10) 0x80073CF9

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app (win10) 0x80073CF9: when i try to install a game (fh4) the install fails and gives me the 0x80073CF9 error i have tried everything on google ran multiple PowerShell scripts and reset xbox app countless times. please...
  3. I changed my gamertag, but it doesn't change on the win10 app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag, but it doesn't change on the win10 app.: I've just changed my gamertag (with the legacy one as well) and it won't change on the Windows 10 app. It's the new one online, the legacy gamertag in the win10 has changed and I've reinstalled...
  4. Win10 PC Xbox App: Linked my Xbox & Riot accounts for perks, can't stop Riot Client from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Win10 PC Xbox App: Linked my Xbox & Riot accounts for perks, can't stop Riot Client from...: As the title says. I was irritated that I couldn't have the Xbox app on without it lauching the client since linking, so I decided it wasn't worth it. Followed the steps to unlink from Riot's...
  5. Xbox App crashes immediately on Startup in Win10 | 0xc000027b

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App crashes immediately on Startup in Win10 | 0xc000027b: Hi guys, I'm having issues with the Xbox App crashing immediately on startup. I am having problems with all games interacting with the XBOX app. Flight Simulator works fine after reinstalling...
  6. I can't download some games through Xbox app on my Win10 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download some games through Xbox app on my Win10 pc: The problem happens when I try installing games using my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to my pc. I press "Play with Game Pass" and It takes me back to main store page. e59b8b4b-471d-4ae9-a9a8-d619ce7b0e3c
  7. Xbox App on Win10 - How to REMOVE games from other platforms like EGS or Steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Win10 - How to REMOVE games from other platforms like EGS or Steam?: It happened not long ago. Suddenly NBA 2K21 that I purchased and play from Epic Games Store, shows in my "Recently played" page in my Xbox Profile. I hate it because I never added that game to my...
  8. I downloaded Snowrunner from the win10 Xbox app and now the game start, it gives an error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded Snowrunner from the win10 Xbox app and now the game start, it gives an error...: My game won't start and it's giving me an error message. I started the download yesterday and it continued overnight. [img] 90bc8aa6-3962-453b-8c5d-d90e8ca78fef
  9. Xbox app for Win10 not streaming game from my Xbox One. Black screen after rocket.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app for Win10 not streaming game from my Xbox One. Black screen after rocket.: I've been unable to stream my Xbox to my PC for the last few days, and nothing I do seems to fix it. I've done the usual troubleshooting, with a whole bunch of other stuff. Turning it off,...
  10. Xbox-app on win10 and installation of Flight Sim..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox-app on win10 and installation of Flight Sim..: Hi! I have an issue with this combo, where I'm not able to download and install Flight Sim from the Xbox-app. I have tried changing my securitysettings on my harddrives, changed owner of them...