Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller

Discus and support Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi I updated my PC to the latest windows update and after that my wired Xbox 360 controller(s) have stopped working on my PC. I have reinstalled the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tuomaa, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Tuomaa
    Tuomaa Guest

Hi

I updated my PC to the latest windows update and after that my wired Xbox 360 controller(s) have stopped working on my PC.

I have reinstalled the drivers, tried different USB ports (USB 3.0 and 2.0) and also verified that the controllers are functional on different windows PC.

USB ports are all working and tested with multiple different USB devices, that all work without any problems.

The error that I'm getting is:

Unknown USB device

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I have tried completely reinstalling all USB drivers but with no luck. Have also reinstalled the latest windows update

-

:)

Tuomaa, Jan 27, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Tuomaa,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are experiencing issues with your Xbox 360 controller after updating to the latest Windows 11 update. Let us see on what we can do to help resolve your concern timely.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Unplug the Xbox 360 controller from your PC.

2. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

3. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers section.

4. Right-click on the Unknown USB device and select Uninstall device.

5. Check the box that says "Delete the driver software for this device" and click Uninstall.

6. Restart your PC.

7. Plug in the Xbox 360 controller and wait for Windows to install the drivers automatically.

If the issue persists, you can try updating the controller's drivers manually. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

2. Expand the Xbox 360 peripherals section.

3. Right-click on the Xbox 360 controller and select Update driver.

4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software."

5. Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer."

6. Select the Xbox 360 controller driver and click Next.

7. Restart your PC.

I hope this helps resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Natacon Win User

Gears of War 4:PC - Can't get xbox360 controllers to work

Not true. It turned out to be a driver issue with the receiver. For anyone with this issue, force update your receiver driver to the latest one (mine was stuck on 2.914 (or something like that)) and the xbox 360 controllers work fine in Gears of War 4
    on Win 10.
  4. TimDawkins Win User

All game pass downloads fail with error 0x87E0000F

Hi Josef,

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm running win 11, it's been happening for the last few weeks but I don't remember an update happening before.

In my troubleshooting I have just updated to the latest win build 22H2 but it didn't help. Not using a beta build.

Tried everything in the link you sent, hasn't helped.

I have a dual boot with win 10 and that downloads everything correctly on the same hardware so assume it's a win 11 issue.
  5. HassanB Win User

Xbox 360 controller will turn on xbox but won't "connect"

Do you actually have a original XBOX 360 Wireless controller (and not a 3rd party manufacturer's like CodeJunkies?) They informed Microsoft that there is an incompatibility issue with their 3rd party controllers and that a firmware update is required for
    the controllers to work correctly with the XBOX 360's latest dashboard update.
  6. oakvillecowboy Win User

Minecraft latest update error need help!

It looks like Creeper_Destroyer at Minecraftforum figured it out. He suggested:

"Launch Minecraft using whatever profile(s) that are experiencing difficulties with the controls (e.g. right stick not working, etc.) BEFORE launch any world, go into "Help & Options" - "Settings" - "Reset to Defaults." (This should get rid of the controller
    issues for the profile you have signed in with. You may have to repeat the process signing in with each profile that has been affected.)"

This fix worked for me. Good luck everyone!

Here is the link to his full response.

www.minecraftforum.net/.../2523228-latest-update-on-xbox-360-causing-major-problems
Thema:

1. Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller - Similar Threads - Win latest update

2. Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1: Hello, I have 4 xbox controllers plugged in on my Win 10 machine, every time the PC resets different controller is set up as player 1/default controller, its like the ID's of the controllers...
  3. Installing MS Flight Simulator on Win 11 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Installing MS Flight Simulator on Win 11 PC: Hi - I purchase a copy of MS Flight Simulator from CDKeys and redeemed it in Microsoft Store. I have tried to find how I install it with no success. I am completely new to XBox (App) on my PC and...
  4. Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs)

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs): I have been using the Xbox Game Bar for some time now with the default command win + G. This has worked perfectly to launch the game bar in and out of games, but recently it has stopped working...
  5. I can not download Pentiment onto my new Win 11 box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not download Pentiment onto my new Win 11 box: I bought Pentiment on preorder and played it for a bit on my Win10box. I now have a new machine with Win 11 and It no longer appears in my Library. If I use the direct link It shows up but when I...
  6. Xbox App for Win 10 Not Starting

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App for Win 10 Not Starting: Hello all, I'm having an issue with my Xbox App on W10. It won't start. This all started a couple weeks ago, it just crashed one day and never wanted to start back up. What it's doing is, when I...
  7. Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...: I have googled and tried just about every fix I have seen. All notifications are on in every area, Xbox game bar, the notification control themselves. Focus assist isn't on. The Xbox game bar is...
  8. AFTER RESETTING MY WIN 10 I M UNABLE TO RUN GTA V ON MY PC!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AFTER RESETTING MY WIN 10 I M UNABLE TO RUN GTA V ON MY PC!: After resetting my pc (deleting all files and started from scratch) i m unable to run gta v on my pc...... i shows its running on steam and rockstar launcher but the game never shows up.... before...
  9. Streaming on Win 10 (latest alpha ring): lag and poor quality!

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming on Win 10 (latest alpha ring): lag and poor quality!: I am on alpha and I have 1911.190916-1945, companion app installed (48.55.30001) on my win 10 pro (18362 - 15063.356). With latest alpha on xbox streaming is a disaster: lag and poor quality....
  10. Microsoft Solitaire Daily Challenge Lock Up after latest Win-10 features update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Solitaire Daily Challenge Lock Up after latest Win-10 features update: Daily Challenge locks up, all other game options work fine. This happened after I install the latest update to Win Features Any Idea of why?? all orhter Xbox games like MS jigsaw work fine....