win 10 game bar captures gaming ok but to capture desktop it does audio with black screen...

Discus and support win 10 game bar captures gaming ok but to capture desktop it does audio with black screen... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; win 10 game bar captures gaming ok but to capture desktop it does audio with black screen - how to fix 5500730d-5806-4148-9700-71f9fdf582bc Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JohnRamey, Aug 22, 2022.

1. JohnRamey
    JohnRamey Guest

win 10 game bar captures gaming ok but to capture desktop it does audio with black screen...

win 10 game bar captures gaming ok but to capture desktop it does audio with black screen - how to fix

:)

JohnRamey, Aug 22, 2022
  2. JohnRamey Win User

win 10 game bar captures gaming ok but to capture desktop it does audio with black screen - how to fix

Gamebar on my pc will record steam gaming and youtube but will not record crave tv, netflix or tsn(audio with black screen).
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello JohnRamey,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you have an issue with your audio connecting to your desktop giving a you a black screen when on game bar. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will do to the best in our capability to assist you with your concern.

We would like you to check and do the basic troubleshooting below;

• Reset Windows 10 store & Xbox app
    • . Open Settings.

1. Go to Apps -> Apps & features.

2. Look for Microsoft Store/Xbox App and click it on the right side.

3. The advanced options link will appear. Click it

4. Next, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store/Xbox App to the default setting.
    • Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:

1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

3. Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC and try again.
    • Is this happening to other games or just for a specific game only?
    • When did this started.

You may also try to consider these useful links for more information.

Use a screen reader to record your screen with Xbox Game Bar (microsoft.com)

How to use the Windows 10 Game Bar to capture video from applications | Dell US.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi JohnRamey,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved, but if you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss those concerns as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hi JohnRamey,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Have a great Day!

Best regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello JohnRamey,

We hope that you are well today.

Can we try the methods below?

1. Update Xbox Game Bar app
      Open Microsoft Store then Click 3 dots
      Select Download and Updates >
      Update Xbox Game Bar or click Get Updates
    2. Repair Xbox Game Bar

Go to Settings and selecting "Apps and Features". Find "Xbox Game Bar" in the Apps & features list and select it. The "Advanced options" button should appear - click it. You will see the "Repair" button. If it doesn't work, Kindly click the Reset.
    3. Uninstall Xbox Game Bar

Press Windows key + X
      Click and Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator
      Copy paste the command below then press Enter
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | remove-appxpackage

Proceed to reinstall Xbox Game Bar

4. Go to Microsoft Store then Download again Xbox Game Bar

or copy paste the command below then press Enter

Get-AppXPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your PC

Kindly let us know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. win 10 game bar captures gaming ok but to capture desktop it does audio with black screen... - Similar Threads - win game bar

2. Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs)

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs): I have been using the Xbox Game Bar for some time now with the default command win + G. This has worked perfectly to launch the game bar in and out of games, but recently it has stopped working...
  3. Xbox game bar won't open when I **** win + g

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar won't open when I **** win + g: So I just had something really cool happen in GTA online and I wasn't able to record it on my laptop with game bar. And when I went win g nothing happened. I spemmed it and still nothing. Not...
  4. I can't use Win+G to open the xbox game bar while gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't use Win+G to open the xbox game bar while gaming.: Hi!My native language is not English, so I will use translation software to translate what I want to express, which may lead to misinterpretation of my meaning, you can always ask questions about...
  5. Using windows game bar (win key + G) - Can I record multiple windows with this? (not a game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using windows game bar (win key + G) - Can I record multiple windows with this? (not a game): Hi all, I have made a graphics program in visual studio. This outputs a console window, plus another window to display the graphics. I googled how to record my screen and found out about the...
  6. XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Game Bar no longer functioning (Win 10): For the past few months, I've been making copious use of the XBox Game Bar to record gaming as part of my job (in game development). However, last week (around October 23 2022) the game bar...
  7. Xbox Game Bar unable to launch when pressing Win+G it says u'll need a new app for this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar unable to launch when pressing Win+G it says u'll need a new app for this...: Ok, so recently Xbox Game Bar stop working due to me not being able to access the apps settings so i cant use Xbox Game Bar, also i now CANT ACCEPT INVITES TO GAMES, if there is a a solution plz...
  8. Xbox game bar not opening with win g

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar not opening with win g: When I press win + g it does not open the xbox game bar. I have followed what I said in this support post("Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar" - Microsoft Community) but...
  9. Game Bar Video Capture Mic changes to disabled (Win + Alt + M) after starting a Party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar Video Capture Mic changes to disabled (Win + Alt + M) after starting a Party chat...: It might be a bug but when I start up a Party Chat my Game DVR disables the Microphone in the Game Bar Capture Widget. No matter which way you attempt to check box within Settings -> GameBar ->...
  10. Game Bar Skip ahead Programm on Win 10

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Skip ahead Programm on Win 10: I can't join the program. The registration is taking longer than expected. Has anyone the same issue? Or a tip to fix this problem? submitted by /u/Manwiththegum [link] [comments]