Will Xbox PC Gamepass save in-game progress even if the games are uninstalled?

Discus and support Will Xbox PC Gamepass save in-game progress even if the games are uninstalled? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had 7 days to die amongst other games on my old gaming laptop and had a great run, unfortunately my gaming laptop broke so I had to buy a new one.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mxndic, Jul 6, 2023.

1. mxndic
    mxndic Guest

I had 7 days to die amongst other games on my old gaming laptop and had a great run, unfortunately my gaming laptop broke so I had to buy a new one. After setting up my new PC I signed into Xbox (The pc app) and re-downloaded my games, specifically 7 days to die. I'd presume that the progress stays stored in the game even if you uninstall or sign out etc (As it is with a normal xbox console, you can uninstall a game but the in-game progress will remain.) When i booted 7 Days to Die up i couldn't continue my game as all my progress was lost, am I able to recover it somewhere or something? Im about to try my other games and will be disappointed if all my in-game progress is gone and I cant get it back.

:)

mxndic, Jul 6, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The game does not say it supports cloud saves, so no it doesn't

[​IMG]
  3. Christian Quinto Win User

4. Tezzarrific Win User

Most games on PC xbox app have no cloud save features meaning all saves are locally stored, these are usually in the app data folders, windows app folder or scattered around, it is a mess really, but these would need to be backed up manually.

when uninstalling a game from xbox app it removes all it's folders, depending how they have set the game up for install and uninstall then it's possible it removes all game data too.
  5. mxndic Win User

Neither of the options worked for 7 days to die. Fortunately my progress for my other games seemed to have come back, I think its because my old Laptop didnt get the chance to sync my save for the specific game, I mightve quit it accidentally or something along the lines of that. I appreciate the help though.
  6. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Your saved data should carry over so something must've gone wrong with syncing with the cloud. Try these troubleshooting steps.

Open the Settings app on your computer and go to Apps, then find the Xbox app.

Next, click Advanced Options, then scroll down the list and click Repair (let it repair) then click Reset (let it reset)

Now repeat for Gaming Services and the Microsoft Store.

Make sure all the required services are running to solve Xbox app sync issues on Windows.

Another fix that usually fixes Xbox cloud sync issues on PC is to clear all the temporary files that are left unused in the cache.

To do this open Settings by pressing the Windows Key + I.

Next, select Storage. Now click Temporary files. You will see all the temp files that are currently taking up space on your computer. Make sure the Temporary files check box is marked then click Remove files at the top. It frees up a lot of space and removes any old Windows update files that are sitting around doing nothing

Then check again if the game syncs up with the cloud along with your saved data.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
Thema:

1. Will Xbox PC Gamepass save in-game progress even if the games are uninstalled? - Similar Threads - Gamepass save game

2. if i buy a game that left gamepass and i rebuy it, will it save through the cloud on my pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i buy a game that left gamepass and i rebuy it, will it save through the cloud on my pc?: I wanted to buy persona 5 royal but it left game pass and wanted to know if i could still play my old save data on my pc cb65989d-686a-407e-8bd7-25355db4feae
  3. Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?: EDIT: After running Xbox App repair on Starfield, redownloading 113+ GB, my save games are back!!!! Still not sure where save game files are located. I would VERY much like to backup my saves...
  4. Where are saved games stored for Railway Empire 2 on PC/Gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where are saved games stored for Railway Empire 2 on PC/Gamepass?: Where are saved games stored for Railway Empire 2 on PC/Gamepass? I've tried c\users\username\My Documents and other locations in there. I've tried appdata. I've tried all the usual spots. I've...
  5. If i cancel the Xbox Gamepass Ultimate subscription will my Claud Gaming saves be deleted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i cancel the Xbox Gamepass Ultimate subscription will my Claud Gaming saves be deleted?: So i justs subscribed to the Xbox Gamepass Ultimate. And i wonder what happens when i cancel the subscription for a month and then resubscribe to it. Will my Cloud Gaming saves be there or will...
  6. Xbox freezing when trying to save in Person 4 Golden (Gamepass Game)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox freezing when trying to save in Person 4 Golden (Gamepass Game): Possible Question and/or Issue. I have been playing Persona 4 Golden on gamepass since it came out recently. I am about 40 hours into the game, and quite a few times now, when I try to save the...
  7. Transfer Ori and the Blind Forest gamepass save game to Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer Ori and the Blind Forest gamepass save game to Steam: Hello, everyone! I've seen some questions about how to get Ori save file from Xbox Game Pass and put it on Steam folder and I tried something that made sense in my mind and it worked! You've...
  8. P5R - Game pass cloud save is different from my PC gamepass one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    P5R - Game pass cloud save is different from my PC gamepass one: Hey, I'm having an issue with my save sync on Persona 5 royale : I have been playing both on my PC through the Xbox app and on the cloud beta on my iPad and everything worked well. But I...
  9. Gamepass save file not loading in-game (progress lost)... why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass save file not loading in-game (progress lost)... why?: I recently downloaded State of Decay 2 from Gamepass and have clocked countless hours, only to learn my save files are inaccessible to load at later time/date. There is a game save file that I can...
  10. PC Gamepass Sins of a Solar Empire not able to save game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Gamepass Sins of a Solar Empire not able to save game: [img] I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game to multiple drives, now I have it installed to my C: drive and I cannot get the game to allow me to manually save games. This is frustrating....