Will Xbox 360S separate hard drive fit Xbox 360E slot?

Discus and support Will Xbox 360S separate hard drive fit Xbox 360E slot? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i am buying an Xbox 360 E 4GB version and my friend has broken Xbox 360S 4GB but his 250GB hard drive is working and he is ready to give it to me.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deep192, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Deep192
    Deep192 Guest

So i am buying an Xbox 360 E 4GB version and my friend has broken Xbox 360S 4GB but his 250GB hard drive is working and he is ready to give it to me. Will it support my Xbox 360E 4GB? Like can i insert it in the empty slot? are both the versions hard drive
    of same shape? Please revert. Thank you!

:)

Deep192, Feb 27, 2015
  2. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    Xbox 360 hard drive authenticity

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]Only MS hard drives will fit in the 360.[/quote]There are many third party hard drives that will fit into the S and E model 360s. Yes they are unlicensed and their reliability could very well be questionable, but they will fit.

The best way to be sure if the drive is genuine is to try and play an Original Xbox game. The third party hard drives lack the partition the emulation files will be downloaded to.

voteDC, Feb 27, 2015
  3. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    New 250GB hard drive with 2005 mfd xbox

the slim hard drive cannot work with the older gen 'fat' 360s that had clip on drives, the slim drive only fits inside slim model 360 consoles.

davemcfly85, Feb 27, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Yes, the hard drives are the same for both of those models.

Smwutches, Feb 27, 2015
  5. Aflack886
    Aflack886 Guest
    when i insert my old Xbox 360S 250 hard drive in the new Xbox 360E my Xbox will not start up am i missing something

Aflack886, Mar 5, 2015
  6. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Hi there Aflack886

if you are experiencing an issue that is different from the OP's issue, it's best to create a new thread for your issue instead of posting it in a other thread.

If the console isn't booting when a hard drive is inserted/connected then the hard drive is malfunctioning and will likely needs to be replaced via
    http://myservice.xbox.com (Assuming it's an official MS Xbox 360 hard drive)

7. Paraffin Alien Win User

Don't know what to do with my xbox 360 S

To clarify, the 360E uses exactly the same hard drive as the 360S.

Just that the 360E 4GB is sold without a hard drive, but has an HDD slot so you have to buy one separately.
  8. WPAK Win User

Hi there Aflack886

if you are experiencing an issue that is different from the OP's issue, it's best to create a new thread for your issue instead of posting it in a other thread.

If the console isn't booting when a hard drive is inserted/connected then the hard drive is malfunctioning and will likely needs to be replaced via
    http://myservice.xbox.com (Assuming it's an official MS Xbox 360 hard drive)
  9. Aflack886 Win User

when i insert my old Xbox 360S 250 hard drive in the new Xbox 360E my Xbox will not start up am i missing something
  10. Smwutches Win User

Yes, the hard drives are the same for both of those models.
  11. carb0nknight Win User

Xbox 360 E hard drive upgrade?

The hard drives from the slim models should fit into the new 360E. The original Xbox hard drives will not however. This video will show how to remove the current hard drive if you're not sure how to do it. [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36WuZ4s4JW0]
Thema:

1. Will Xbox 360S separate hard drive fit Xbox 360E slot? - Similar Threads - 360S separate hard

2. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  3. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  4. How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory: My xbox 360 memory had 2 out of the 4 gb used. After turning it on unused for a week it would be stuck on the xbox 360 startup. I waited for an hour and it said that there was a memory problem and...
  5. Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible: So I just was wondering why Xbox/Microsoft decided to stop making Xbox 360 games backwards compatible. There are still so many games that deserve/need to be made backwards compatible especially...
  6. I recently bought xbox 360 s and i know that xbox 360s is coming with 4gb built in but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought xbox 360 s and i know that xbox 360s is coming with 4gb built in but...: I recently bought xbox 360 s and i know that xbox 360s is coming with 4gb built in but went to check there was not 4gb 92afaf6f-b888-4491-9eff-02ebd3d981c8
  7. I recently purchased a X-Box 360s from an electronic store.

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently purchased a X-Box 360s from an electronic store.: ***Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from description. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy. ***...
  8. Xbox 360S haven't got a Wifi Module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360S haven't got a Wifi Module?: My Xbox 360S Trinity for some Reason dont recognize the Wi-Fi Module. It says i have to plug in the Wi-Fi adapter, which seems weird since the Xbox should have the Wi-Fi internally . It also have...
  9. Hi guys...i am having a problem with my xbox 360s.....i get a page that says cant sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi guys...i am having a problem with my xbox 360s.....i get a page that says cant sign...: Hi guys...i am having a problem with my xbox 360s.....i get a page that says cant sign in....i have already formatted the hard drive and cleared the cache...is there maybe something else i can try...
  10. Hi there, why isn't Netflix loading up on both my Xbox 360s? I've tried wireless and wired....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, why isn't Netflix loading up on both my Xbox 360s? I've tried wireless and wired....: Hi there, why isn't Netflix loading up on both my Xbox 360s? I've tried wireless and wired. It keeps trying to load but comes up with "Netflix encountered an error tvq-st-141". I've tried all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Will an xbox 360 s harddrive fit an xbox 360 e