Will we ever be able to use the rear buttons on the Xbox elite controller as unique imputs...

Discus and support Will we ever be able to use the rear buttons on the Xbox elite controller as unique imputs... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To speak plain I bought an Xbox elite controller hoping that the rear/underneath buttons would be uniquely mappable buttons. Will there be a software... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PhillipYates, Aug 18, 2023.

1. PhillipYates
    PhillipYates Guest

Will we ever be able to use the rear buttons on the Xbox elite controller as unique imputs...

To speak plain I bought an Xbox elite controller hoping that the rear/underneath buttons would be uniquely mappable buttons. Will there be a software update that allows such?

:)

PhillipYates, Aug 18, 2023
  2. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Will we ever be able to use the rear buttons on the Xbox elite controller as unique imputs that we can map while playing on the Xbox Series X?

3. Frankalore the Merci Win User

Series X controller wish?

I've always wanted them to have rear buttons on the controller. Not fancy like the elite controller but more modeled after the Steam controllers rear buttons.
  4. Eden0032 Win User

Xbox One Elite controller configuration

Hi there!

All you need to do is head to the Xbox Accessories app ("My Games and Apps" > "Xbox Accessories App") and select "configure". There you should be able to re-map the buttons including the paddles on the rear of the Xbox One Elite controller.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

-
  5. RUBENSJUNIOR21 Win User

Question about controller

The biggest novelty is in the back of the elite. Unlike conventional control, the elite control offers independent trigger locks so the user is able to shoot and react much faster. Still in the back
    of the control, where the fingers usually become unusable in the lower sector of the battery door, there are four new dockable buttons that can be mapped as the player understands. Although not so useful for single player games, the back buttons are advantageous
    for multiplayer matches where extreme agility is required. Want to switch weapons on the back buttons instead of using the directional arrows? Or enable the manual transmission in Forza 6 on the rear? Just customize each button through the companion application
    for your Xbox One peripherals.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Elite 2 controller paddle defaults

Hello DavidLindsey5,

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

As per description, you are inquiring if paddles on the Xbox Elite 2 controller have default settings and if they already mapped to a button out of the box.

Here's what we got from our research.

No, the Elite Series 2 controller does not come with paddles. Paddles are an optional extra that can be purchased separately. What does the button in the middle of the Elite Series 2 controller do? The button in the middle of the Elite Series 2 controller can be used to change the controller’s profiles.

It can be configured, check on this link. Configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support.

We also provided you some features of the controller. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller features | Xbox Support

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Will we ever be able to use the rear buttons on the Xbox elite controller as unique imputs... - Similar Threads - ever able rear

2. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  3. Worst customer support ever

in XBoX on Consoles
    Worst customer support ever: I am trying to return an xbox series x under warranty. The online process is absolutely dreadful and just a continued loop of automated responses and no ability to actually speak to someone. Ive...
  4. When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online

in XBoX on Consoles
    When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online: When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online 02e83646-6549-4dd8-87d7-8502c9261a43
  5. Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat: I updated my controllier and now cant talk in games or hear people can hear game and in messages can send. Voice message but i can hear it but who i send it to can thn i cannot hear reply...
  6. Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...: Reseting resolution doesnt do anything on my xbox series s de8ff0eb-fe74-4afb-a346-2d6479e00dc2
  7. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  8. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  9. Will the xbox devs ever send an update to be able to run 1440p @120hz through hdmi 2.0 ports ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the xbox devs ever send an update to be able to run 1440p @120hz through hdmi 2.0 ports ?: Hdmi 2.0 ports are fully capable of supporting this framerate, but neither the Series X nor S supports this on a 1440p 120 hz monitor that has an Hdmi 2.0 port. The settings says that the monitor...
  10. Are we ever going to be able to lend and trade digital games?

in XboX Insiders
    Are we ever going to be able to lend and trade digital games?: This is a feature that should be doable; Steam figured out how long ago I lend games quite often. Heck I can even share my library without using weird account exploits. Why can't we do any of that...