Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...

Discus and support Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive? 118863a3-95cc-4416-bde2-d983cb254615 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bobstergamer101, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...

Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive?

:)

Bobstergamer101, Feb 19, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive or an update to the console?

technically it could, all it takes is an external drive that can read blue ray discs and then can install and confirm the discs presence for the licence, any external blue ray could be used for this purpose if Microsoft wanted to go this route, they won't as it does not force the mass casual market to digital only, which is hugely profitable and stops people getting around their woke banning structure.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive or an update to the console?

1. it would definitely not require a huge rewrite of the OS.

2. the drive in an xbox one is just a plain old bd drive with a custom firmware written for it, this can be done to any normal drive, i am currently using an xbox drive on my pc to read some discs i have due to not owning a drive and no point buying as i only need it a few times, if you look there is ways of rewriting the firmware on those drives too (all you need is a power cable adapter).

3. not really opening a MAJOR attack vector is it, has the series x been cracked yet, that has a disc drive that can be manipulated.

It is down to the fact that Microsoft, along with all the other companies want to do away with physical media to maximise profits and to have more control.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

No it can’t.

For starters, any generic BD drive doesn’t read discs the right way. It’s a custom firmware

And they’re also not opening a major attack vector in the DRM by allowing external secure connections.

It would also require extensive rewriting of the OS

It would require a ground up redesign
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

No it will not

It requires hardware to play the games S doesn’t have beyond a disc drive

Same reason the new consoles don’t support Kinect. It relies on hardware no longer included.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

That’s not an attack vector on the system security.

As the question has been answered. Im locking the thread
Thema:

Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...

1. Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive... - Similar Threads - series ever able

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...: Reseting resolution doesnt do anything on my xbox series s de8ff0eb-fe74-4afb-a346-2d6479e00dc2
  7. Will Wall.E ever be available on the series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Wall.E ever be available on the series X?: Hi peeps, Please excuse my complete lack of knowledge, but it has been at least 25 years since I have owned a console. Excuses out the way, my son who has autism has got obsessed with Wall.E...
  8. Is the Blu-Ray app in the Xbox one and series consoles ever getting updated.

in XboX Insiders
    Is the Blu-Ray app in the Xbox one and series consoles ever getting updated.: Today i went to play one of many BC games on my Series X but the app keeps showing error code 0x91d7000. I’m looking online this has been a issue for years, WTF is this getting an update ever?!...
  9. Will the Logitech 3D Pro joystick ever be compatible with Xbox X series console so I can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the Logitech 3D Pro joystick ever be compatible with Xbox X series console so I can...: Is Microsoft/ASOBO ever gonna make the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick compatible for Xbox series X console. I would really like to use it with my console. I have done a 3D printed ball mod to...
  10. Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...: Howdy folks. This issue started quite recently and every option I tried has not worked such as power cycling the console, factory resetting, deleting alternate Mac address and changing the DNS...