Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows?

Discus and support Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; im currently on windows 10 and im going fresh install windows 11 on my pc. i have 3 games of around 150gb on my hard drive (downloaded using xbox app)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tahmid91925A, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Tahmid91925A
    Tahmid91925A Guest

Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows?

im currently on windows 10 and im going fresh install windows 11 on my pc. i have 3 games of around 150gb on my hard drive (downloaded using xbox app) and im going to install windows on a different ssd. so if i fresh install windows 11 will the xbox app automatically detect those 3 games or i have to re download it again? Thanks.

:)

Tahmid91925A, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Tahmid91925A, my name is Jhon I am independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

No friend, from my own experience I have already done that procedure and you will have to download the games again from the store.

You can also corroborate my answer through the following link where an independent community advisor says that you also have to reinstall the game:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/71116999-efd8-4961-96df-a8fa00c96e94

In the previous thread they also give you a possible solution another advisor that you can try, which says that if you install them in the same location where you had them installed previously, Xbox will automatically recognize the files and you will not have to wait to download everything again.

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
    Jhon F.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox App on PC can't detect installed games?

Every game launcher has the detect installed games feature. Why not in the Xbox app?
    Hi,

Windows 10 games and apps does it differently. The games are encrypted and this encryption is unique to the Windows install. If you install Windows fresh again (even on the same PC) the games will be locked. You will to need to delete the WindowsApps folder to reclaim the space and install the games again.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Virus detected in store content

Hi hornp! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

When you installed the add on was detected or was detected after some time? As this would be detected immediately by windows defender during the installation process if was installed with the add on
  5. Luciano Bonavino Win User

Why xbox app failed to see my hardrive size?

Hi George,

I was getting and error to install, then I removed all previous Minecraft Launchers using windows ccleaner unistaller, so right now I have no other launcher installed.

My windows version is win 10 ver 22h2 and is uptodated.

Xbox app was uninstalled and reinstalled from the ms store using powershell

Xbox companion is installed

Did the system file checks: dism and sfc as requested

Did the chkdsk as requested

Xbox app still unable to detect my harddisk size to install the launcher.

My PC drivers are updated

My Mstore and xbox account are the same, this email.

Downloaded the last windows launcher from Minecraft.net

This new installer is giving this error: 0xUnknowappinstall

I just got a new update request on the xbox app, will test it asap.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't install any game on one of my HDD

Thanks for the extra info

Just to double check, the desired drive is selected to install new apps via Windows settings > system > storage > advance storage options (only W11) > where new content is saved ?
    If not, please do it. If yes, try installing an app or game available in the Microsoft store first (in case you're using directly the Xbox app)

After that, if you're able to install the app/game. Check if the Xbox app lets you install a new game
Thema:

1. Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows? - Similar Threads - app detect previously

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  4. Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller: Hi, My PS4 controller is not being detected by the Xbox app on my PC, but it works normally when using xbox cloud on the Edge browser. I have tried updating the controller drivers, reinstalling...
  5. The Xcloud app software won't detect my right thumbstick or triggers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xcloud app software won't detect my right thumbstick or triggers?: I have been using a busted up and broken old wired offbrand 360 controller for most of my time playing on Gamepass games using the web browser, however upon ordering a new controller designed for...
  6. XBOX App not detecting D or E drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX App not detecting D or E drive.: I cannot select the D or E drive in the XBOX App. When I select "Not seeing your drives?" It shows me the following errors: [img] The address is invalid. I even tried creating the XBOX folder...
  7. Xbox PC app doesn't detect drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox PC app doesn't detect drive: When I went to change my drive, the D: drive wasn't there. My drive is 1.18 TB, formatted to NTFS, and I made sure it was plugged in correctly. 3e247812-2b90-45ff-ac5c-b4e0f440f6e6
  8. Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games: Xbox app keeps constantly re-downloading Game Services and doesn't detect my installed games. I tried eliminating gaming services and the xbox app through commands and reinstalling, as this was...
  9. My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console: Yesterday I bought an external hard drive for my console since I ran out of space in the internal storage. The problem starts when I want to download physical games (that is I have the disc) that...
  10. Third Party Apps not Detecting Xbox 360 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Third Party Apps not Detecting Xbox 360 Controller: So recently I found my father's old Xbox 360 controller and I had used the cable that connects to the controller to connect it to my PC through USB and it connects and it shows up as a device but...