Will my Xbox account get messed up after changing/deleting emails?

Discus and support Will my Xbox account get messed up after changing/deleting emails? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I had to change emails a few weeks ago and made the new one my primary for everything including my Xbox account as well. If I remove the old one will... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Anon_618, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Anon_618
    Anon_618 Guest

I had to change emails a few weeks ago and made the new one my primary for everything including my Xbox account as well. If I remove the old one will it mess up the Xbox account? I'm very hesitant as my account is well over 13 years old and I don't want to lose anything.

:)

Anon_618, Jul 19, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hello! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community, not a Microsoft employee. Hope you are doing well!

About changing alias, you will not lose access to any of the purchases you've made including your Xbox profile. But the thing is, before you delete your current email address make sure you have updated it from other platform where you have linked that email account such as Epic games, RockStar, EA, etc. you need to update your email from their platform manually or you might encounter problem in the future verifying your account from their platform.

Also, when removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time.

Here is a similar question asked in one of the community forum and answered by one of the fellow members here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

I hope the information helps somehow. Feel free to ask questions here in the community if you have other concerns and we will try our best to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. M Haviland Win User

Wrong gamertag on my Microsoft account

I have the new MS account and have for years, but never changed it on the Xbox. Can I just change my email to the correct address through my Xbox Live account (on the Xbox), or will that mess things up even worse?
  4. I CrossBones I Win User

Why don't I ever get the Xbox Newsletter?

Ok so I checked my Yahoo email that I had used to make a gamertag for my brother. He got an Xbox newsletter Thursday. However, since I changed my email on my account, I didn't get any emails from Xbox yet. So it seems it's all still messed
    up.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account

My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or account.
    If you were to do that it would delete her email completely she would never be able to use it again.

Per https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time..
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Can I switch an email without messing up the account?

My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or account.
    Unfortunately not. Changing the primary alias (your moms microsoft email) with your own would cause her Microsoft account to be permanently deleted and would never be able to use the same email to create a new one.

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time.
Thema:

1. Will my Xbox account get messed up after changing/deleting emails? - Similar Threads - account messed changing

2. I need my account fixed i shouldn't be punished for this it's messed up

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need my account fixed i shouldn't be punished for this it's messed up: I need my account fixed I should not be punished for something not my fault I have video evidence and I am disabled of a man named Phillips instructed me to post in the looking for groups for my...
  3. Bugged out duplicated account mess

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bugged out duplicated account mess: So I have had a Microsoft account that I have used for a few years a lot. Then a couple of days ago for no reason Microsoft acts like I am creating a new microsoft account. Now I cannot access the...
  4. is there any other way to get a hold of Xbox enforcement, my account is messed think they...

in XBoX Accessibility
    is there any other way to get a hold of Xbox enforcement, my account is messed think they...: i was banned back in 2008, not sure why as i contacted Xbox at the time and they could not find a reason. they they where not able to unban me. now that they are combining everything the ban is...
  5. Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Xbox Account Email without messing with the email the account is under: Hello When i first got my xbox account it was under my moms email is there anyway for me to change it without messing with my moms email and removing it i have tried looking it up and its making...
  6. please Help me get my account back. ( Suspended for a mess up.)

in XBoX on Windows
    please Help me get my account back. ( Suspended for a mess up.): I did not lose it but I am disappointed because of one Little mistake, I misspelled Lucky to F__ky (my bio was supposed to say Lucky you) Now I am suspended for 4 days, One cuss word? I would...
  7. Xbox Rewards - My account is a Mess, I need help [3]

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Rewards - My account is a Mess, I need help [3]: The last few months I had the trouble to change my Rewards Account from US to Brazil. Inadvertently when I first sign in it enrolled me in the wrong region. I'd like to ask for my pending rewards...
  8. total mess after changing my son's account to a child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    total mess after changing my son's account to a child account: When I bought my son (11) an xbox I set him up on it using my microsoft account. He has since got into Fortnite. I wanted to restrict screen time, so: I set up a new microsoft account...
  9. Ripped off on Gamepass, account a mess, Support has done nothing to remedy this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ripped off on Gamepass, account a mess, Support has done nothing to remedy this: So in November I signed up for the $1 trial..... Gamepass charged on December 16th like it was suppose to... Then game pass stopped working. Contacted support and had to fight the agent for 2...
  10. Xbox Live/Microsoft Account Age Mess

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live/Microsoft Account Age Mess: I am trying to pick a custom gamerpic for my Xbox Live profile and it won't let me... because i'm not old enough??? I looked it up and what I have found says I need to be over 18 AND have an...