Will my credit card information be saved and used by microsoft on any purchase

Discus and support Will my credit card information be saved and used by microsoft on any purchase in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I have a question if i use my credit card to microsoft will my information will be used and stored by the company 77f1a30c-7ce3-4363-bcb7-79b870edbe42 Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by NeonCubes1, Nov 23, 2018.

1. NeonCubes1
    NeonCubes1 Guest

I have a question if i use my credit card to microsoft will my information will be used and stored by the company

:)

NeonCubes1, Nov 23, 2018
  2. MerlinKM
    MerlinKM Guest
    Mini-Survey: How do you purchase your digital content on Xbox Live?

Gift cards. I have never used my debit card on any online surface or purchase. And, I never will. I use a credit card when I absolutely have to for purchases. Otherwise, I get cash and buy gift cards to use online. I don't trust any platform or network to host my credit card information.

I'm old-fashioned in that sense. I use cash where I can, when I can.

Sent from my Cryptographic
    Sequencer.

MerlinKM, Nov 23, 2018
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    Credit card failed when you tried to purchase an item or add another credit card

Common Xbox LIVE Credit Card Error Codes:

You will see one of the following error codes whenever your payment option can't be authorized through your bank, or Xbox LIVE detects any suspicious activity, making it to prevent charges:

• 8004ad43
    • 8058F041
    • 8C010003
    Here are some solutions you can try to resolve the problem

Solution 1: Check your billing address

Confirm that the billing address for your Xbox LIVE account is the same one used by your credit card company.

If the billing address is the same for your Xbox LIVE account and your credit card company, you can try this next solution

Solution 2: Contact your bank or financial institution

Here are the reasons why the Xbox LIVE purchase might have failed:

• Your credit card has not been activated
    • You have insufficient funds in your credit card
    • Your credit card does not accept online purchases or automatic billing
    • The credit card company is blocking your credit card from being used
    You should contact your bank or credit card company to confirm that the credit card is active, it has sufficient funds, and it is not being blocked for any reason.

If you have confirmed that all these are in order, try the following solution:

Solution 3: Try your purchase again later

Here are some of the reasons why the Xbox LIVE purchase might be blocked:

• Recent purchase attempts have been declined several times
    • You are using the Xbox LIVE account or payment option from an incorrect location
    • You may have a non-payment violation on your payment option, so it is being prevented from making new purchases
    Whenever there are several purchase failures, it can prevent new transactions from being processed until after a certain period. You should wait and try again after 24-48 hours.

If the problem persists after you have waited 48 hours, try this next solution.

Solution 4: Remove your card and try again

If you receive error 80190864 while trying to purchase a new Xbox LIVE subscription, it means the payment option you are using has a billing decline violation against it, and you can no longer use it to sign up. If the credit card you are using has an unpaid balance for a previous subscription, you will be required to use a new credit card.

Solution 5: Use a prepaid Microsoft Points or Membership card if available

Another option is to buy a prepaid Microsoft Points card from a retail location and use it to make your Xbox LIVE purchases. Not all purchases allow for the use of Microsoft Points or prepaid options. Make sure that the purchase you want to make allows for the use of Microsoft points or prepaid cards.

xboxfelix, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Will my credit card information be saved and used by microsoft on any purchase

It can be added to you account to make it easiser to make purchases and can auto bill if you have subscriptions , but thats about it .

Itilianm0nst0r, Nov 23, 2018
  5. Hello, NeonCubes1

Microsoft do store your payment details on very secure servers. They do not use your payment method to buy things without your permission.

To view your billing history, add or remove subscriptions please visit.

Manage Your Microsoft Account in One Place

Independent Developer, Nov 23, 2018
  6. Wolfie McG
    Wolfie McG Guest
    It can be stored but it would never be used without your permission

Wolfie McG, Nov 23, 2018
  7. To add to what has already been said keep this in mind.

If you ever use the card to purchase any subscription (Gold, Gamepass, EA access) the system will turn the auto renew on for that subscription so at the end of whatever amount of time you pay for (1 month, 3 month, 1 year) it will automatically renew for
    that period at the end of the current timeframe.

Now with the 3 month and 1 year subscriptions ONE month prior to it renewing it will send you out an email reminder letting you know that it is coming due.

The only time it will not auto renew is if you were to purchase one of the xbox live gold subscription cards (you can purchase these at any retail store) and enter in the 25 digit code on the card into your account and those will not auto renew.

steeledwand7664, Nov 23, 2018
  8. Saeleth
    Saeleth Guest

You can opt to save your Credit Card info on file for recurring subs like Gold, EA Access and Game Pass, as well as making purchases from the shop. You don't HAVE to, but I can't see why you wouldn't want to if you plan to use any of their services to
    any degree.

Saeleth, Nov 23, 2018
  9. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    You can manage your payment (and Credit Card information) that Microsoft stores on your account through

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    (Or simply going to https://account.microsoft.com and clicking the "Payment & Billing" menu at the top).

There you can then remove your payment information if you wish to do so, but be aware, that you can ONLY remove your payment method when there is no active subscription running off that payment method.

You would have to cancel any subscriptions like Gold memberships, Game Pass or EA access subscriptions first, to be able to remove the card again.

Other than that, you can safely store your Credit Card information there. Even if someone looks over your shoulder while you're signed in with your payment info, they would only see the last 4 digits of the Credit Card, and it won't be used by Microsoft,
    unless you are doing the purchase.

So when you buy a game, and tell Microsoft to use the stored credit card, they will use the card to pay for the game. And if you buy a subscription, they will use the card to withdraw the money whenever the subscription automatically renews. If you don't
    want a subscription to renew, you can cancel the next automatic renewal under https://account.microsoft.com and clicking on "Service & Subscriptions".

If you have children around, also
    take these steps to prevent unauthorized purchases from kids through your account
    , if you allow your kids to use you account (which you should NOT).

Or is there anything else you want clarified about storing your Credit Card information with Microsoft?

Arminator, Nov 23, 2018
  10. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest
    Hello, you probably mean that Facebook has to store all the information, even if you delete it. This does not have Microsoft. If you enter a payment card to your MS account, you have her there if you delete it anywhere, no card information.

Jurgen1488, Nov 6, 2018
  11. ArminatorX Win User

You can manage your payment (and Credit Card information) that Microsoft stores on your account through

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    (Or simply going to https://account.microsoft.com and clicking the "Payment & Billing" menu at the top).

There you can then remove your payment information if you wish to do so, but be aware, that you can ONLY remove your payment method when there is no active subscription running off that payment method.

You would have to cancel any subscriptions like Gold memberships, Game Pass or EA access subscriptions first, to be able to remove the card again.

Other than that, you can safely store your Credit Card information there. Even if someone looks over your shoulder while you're signed in with your payment info, they would only see the last 4 digits of the Credit Card, and it won't be used by Microsoft,
    unless you are doing the purchase.

So when you buy a game, and tell Microsoft to use the stored credit card, they will use the card to pay for the game. And if you buy a subscription, they will use the card to withdraw the money whenever the subscription automatically renews. If you don't
    want a subscription to renew, you can cancel the next automatic renewal under https://account.microsoft.com and clicking on "Service & Subscriptions".

If you have children around, also
    take these steps to prevent unauthorized purchases from kids through your account
    , if you allow your kids to use you account (which you should NOT).

Or is there anything else you want clarified about storing your Credit Card information with Microsoft?
  12. steeledwand7664 Win User

To add to what has already been said keep this in mind.

If you ever use the card to purchase any subscription (Gold, Gamepass, EA access) the system will turn the auto renew on for that subscription so at the end of whatever amount of time you pay for (1 month, 3 month, 1 year) it will automatically renew for
    that period at the end of the current timeframe.

Now with the 3 month and 1 year subscriptions ONE month prior to it renewing it will send you out an email reminder letting you know that it is coming due.

The only time it will not auto renew is if you were to purchase one of the xbox live gold subscription cards (you can purchase these at any retail store) and enter in the 25 digit code on the card into your account and those will not auto renew.
  13. Wolfie McG Win User

It can be stored but it would never be used without your permission
  14. Jurgen1488 Win User

Hello, you probably mean that Facebook has to store all the information, even if you delete it. This does not have Microsoft. If you enter a payment card to your MS account, you have her there if you delete it anywhere, no card information.
  15. Saeleth Win User

You can opt to save your Credit Card info on file for recurring subs like Gold, EA Access and Game Pass, as well as making purchases from the shop. You don't HAVE to, but I can't see why you wouldn't want to if you plan to use any of their services to
    any degree.
Thema:

1. Will my credit card information be saved and used by microsoft on any purchase - Similar Threads - credit card information

2. xbox design lab no order history but there is a credit card charge

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox design lab no order history but there is a credit card charge: I made an order of xbox design lab product this morning. When I placed the payment, I receive the credit card charged information, but I didn't receive the e-mail of the confirmation of my...
  3. I would like to know how to bar unauthorized charges made to my credit card for xbox games...

in XBoX on Windows
    I would like to know how to bar unauthorized charges made to my credit card for xbox games...: Listen I am reporting fraud on the xbox account. I keep getting unauthorized charges on my credit card and I want them to stop, I also dont want the ultimate game pass subscribed as each time I...
  4. What country is the xbox credit card available for

in XboX Insiders
    What country is the xbox credit card available for: I’m currently looking at getting the xbox credit card, but it doesn’t say what country it’s available in and I’m in Australia, witch means 90% of the super cool credit cards like carnival etc I...
  5. Opt out of spam emails for credit cards

in XboX Insiders
    Opt out of spam emails for credit cards: So is the xbox insider program really mean I have no choice but receive spam for example like this credit card offer for Mastercard https://imgur.com/EcSAckB there's no simple unsubscribe link,...
  6. If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card...: If I remove my xbox accounts off my xbox an there's no accounts on it will my credit card info still be on my xbox or no 22ab783c-e586-46a6-b867-b46083329c88
  7. Dev account cost paying without credit card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dev account cost paying without credit card: Hello i have a question i would like to add a dev account to my account the costs are 14 euro... i have 15 euro in my account it gives me the option to pay in credit card or in promo code... i...
  8. So I brought a game on my credit card and I refunded it and I want it back on my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    So I brought a game on my credit card and I refunded it and I want it back on my Xbox...: So I bought a Xbox game on the store and I bought it on my credit card but I don’t want it and requested a refund but I would like the refund back on my Xbox credit balance instead of back on my...
  9. I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...: I have over $600 in fraudulent activity on my bank card and need to know how to get it resolved. With a real person. Please. 59ea796f-bca2-4748-b682-b778d20fa2c0
  10. I need to remove my credit card information as I did not approve any charges on my behalf...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to remove my credit card information as I did not approve any charges on my behalf...: My card keeps getting monthly charges somehow and I want it to please stop and how do I get any of my money back for what I did not approve of. 3f5ab2d9-65aa-452d-aca7-142746911de0