Will my Chinese Xbox 360 work in the USA?

Discus and support Will my Chinese Xbox 360 work in the USA? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm currently living in China, but moving to the USA. Can I take my Xbox 360 with me? From what I understand, all I need to do is buy a new power brick... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FlexedBrake352, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Will my Chinese Xbox 360 work in the USA?

I'm currently living in China, but moving to the USA. Can I take my Xbox 360 with me? From what I understand, all I need to do is buy a new power brick in the States, so that the voltage is appropriate. But the console itself doesn't need any other voltage
    changes, correct?

The console isn't region restricted, is it? I'm not concerned with bringing any Chinese games or anything like that. I just want the console to run on American voltage with American games.

Thanks!

:)

FlexedBrake352, Apr 30, 2017
  2. SeanM
    SeanM Guest
    New HDTV same wiring, TV picture worse.

Quality is realtive, I remember I had a one of those off brand chinese HDTVs and it worked great with my 360, but then i got a Samsung smart OLED tv as a gift... the picture is much suckier than it was on the chinese TV... so I play my games on the Chineses one...

SeanM, Apr 30, 2017
  3. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    xbox 360 original 20GB HDD UPGRADe

Buy a genuine Xbox 360 hard drive. The Chinese ones kinda work but will give you more trouble than worth.

Auswulf, Apr 30, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there!

Xbox 360 consoles themselves were not region locked however depending on where you purchased it, there may be a difference in NTSC vs PAL. If you acquired your console in China, I believe it will be a PAL console which will not be compatible with American
    games as we use the NTSC format.

Hopefully that clarifies for you! Will my Chinese Xbox 360 work in the USA? :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're
    a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, May 1, 2017
  5. Ah, that is unfortunate but very helpful. Thank you! Do you know, is there a way I can tell for sure whether my console is NTSC or PAL?

FlexedBrake352, May 1, 2017
  6. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    You can always check the games you're currently playing, they should have a PAL/NTSC marker on them somewhere (or on the box). Also I believe you can take a look at your display settings in the system menu. If you have the option to switch between PAL 50/60
    then it's a PAL console. If that option isn't there, it's NTSC.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Will my Chinese Xbox 360 work in the USA? :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the
    Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're
    a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: