Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x

Discus and support Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an 8tb Seagate game drive that is 5-6 years old. I have it connected to my one x. I'm looking to upgrade to a series x and want to know if my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Hoss DelGado1, Jun 21, 2024 at 5:32 PM.

1. Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x

I have an 8tb Seagate game drive that is 5-6 years old. I have it connected to my one x. I'm looking to upgrade to a series x and want to know if my game drive is compatible or if I will have to get a new one. I can't seem to get an answer one way or another from the stores.

:)

Hoss DelGado1, Jun 21, 2024 at 5:32 PM
  2. Hoss DelGado1 Win User

Awesome. Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Yeah it'll work on the Series X, but you won't be able to run any Series S/X optimized games from it. Those can only be run from the internal drive or one of the expansion cards made for the console. But you can use it to store and run backwards compatible game and/or at least store Series S/X games.
  4. Frankie fatgoose Win User

I have a PXN V9 Steering + Shifter + Peddle combo and it states for XBox X/S series. I cannot get the vibrating function to work on the wheel.

Hi Fernando,

I am having same issue. Xbox series x, no vibration with any driving game I have tried so far. Forza 6, Forza Horizon 5, Dirt 4
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Choosing a hardrrive

Fair enough, a slow internet connection is as good excuse as any.

Be aware however that while that drive will work on Series X, you won't be able to play Series X games directly from it. Series X games will require faster access and read speeds. My understanding is that the Series X games can be 'backed up' on an external
    drive and then need to copied/moved over to either the internal SSD or the External SSD's that will be available for the machine.

The Series X will read and play Xbox One games from an external drive though.
Thema:

1. Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x - Similar Threads - game drive series

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?: Id like to play my games from external hard drive but unfortunately i can’t play from storage, i would like to be able to do this again instead of paying for something much more expensive....
  4. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  5. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  6. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive: How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71
  7. How to transfer games from hard drive to series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer games from hard drive to series X: I recently got an Xbox series X and gave the Xbox one to my son. I wanted to move the games from the external hard drive to the internal storage of the series X but my husband thought we could...
  8. Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?: Hi There are a lot of games that i can't download on my xbox since they are too big, like starfield, flight simulator, or forza. I am travelling in a few days and i will have good wifi, but i...
  9. My game drive for my Xbox series x the light wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game drive for my Xbox series x the light wont turn on: Hey, My game drive for my Xbox wont work When i plug it in to my Xbox It turns on, i can hear the fan going but there is no light showing and it wont reconise on my Xbox, it was working a few...
  10. External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps)

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps): Hello. I've had my external hard drive since I got the xbox one a year after it originally released. I got the series x and I've had no problems with my external hard drive. I was having...