Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies?

Discus and support Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So with Microsoft already owning all of Lionheads' IP's and on the verge of completing the deal with Activision this leaves the ownership of the IP and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Compuknight, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies?

So with Microsoft already owning all of Lionheads' IP's and on the verge of completing the deal with Activision this leaves the ownership of the IP and distribution rights of the Movies firmly in Microsoft's hands.

Do you think they will take another look at this underrated gem of a game? In my humble opinion it was a game that was released WAY ahead of it's time. It tried to take advantage a system that was still in it's youth (clip sharing). The advancements that have been made in the gaming industry, the internet and cloud gaming would really make this game shine.

Anyone else have fond memories of this game? Would you like to see one of MS's studios remake this game (maybe even outsource to Relic like with AoE4)?

submitted by /u/Compuknight
    [link] [comments]

/u/Compuknight, Jul 30, 2023
  2. Gary Harris2 Win User

would they be willing to add the game, even as is, to Game Pass?
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Lets hope that they will re-release a lot of the games that Activision brought out, as they have a vast library to choose from.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Unlikely due to the fact it didn't sell very well, and licensing all the movie clips is very expensive
  5. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

Hope you are well. I'll be glad to help you, just remember that you're not talking to a Microsoft employee.

Unfortunately there is no news that a remake or reboot of the game is being planned, it is a matter of keeping an eye on future news.

You can also send your suggestion through the information in this official forum.

https://feedback.xbox.com/

Kind regards.
  6. MetalGearFloppy Win User

Resident Evil 2 Remake?

Lmao... this is Capcom, the kings of re-releases and re-vamps.... of course they'll remake Resi 2.... there's money to be made!
Thema:

1. Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies? - Similar Threads - Microsoft release remake

2. I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 330 minecoins for 2000 microsoft points twice but never received an email to claim...: I bought them about a minute apart so maybe that's the problem but I never received the email to claim the second lot of 330 minecoins 7bb13d8e-9715-4bdb-8873-16f7a9e300b5
  3. Hello, Microsoft. Yes, maybe MCSM3 will not be released, but maybe you can bring back...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, Microsoft. Yes, maybe MCSM3 will not be released, but maybe you can bring back...: Hello, the problem is about Minecraft Story Mode. Yes, maybe MCSM3 will not be released, but maybe you can bring back seasons 1 and 2. This game has a loyal audience and people will love to...
  4. Are there plans to re-release Wolfenstein 2009 or RTCW on Microsoft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are there plans to re-release Wolfenstein 2009 or RTCW on Microsoft?: I know Microsoft has acquired Activision/Blizzard and the merger is a done deal. So I thought maybe I would be able to get a digital copy on Microsoft in the near future....
  5. Is Microsoft going to keep releasing games on the xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft going to keep releasing games on the xbox one x: Microsoft said they would quit releasing games for xbox one does that include the xbox one x 1946c492-1570-4d90-9871-e55c4e46fcd1
  6. Are there any plans for Microsoft to release an update for the Xbox supporting new aspect...

in XBoX on Windows
    Are there any plans for Microsoft to release an update for the Xbox supporting new aspect...: I’ve recently purchased an ultra wide monitor. I’m wondering if there are any plans in place for Xbox to support new aspect ratios to better fit screens like this one....
  7. Why Baldur's Gate 3 was not released on PC Microsoft Store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Baldur's Gate 3 was not released on PC Microsoft Store?: Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance (both 1 and 2) are available on the Microsoft Store, I truly wonder if Baldur's Gate 3 will release on PC Microsoft Store only when the game releases for Xbox series...
  8. Microsoft please release text chat on roblox

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft please release text chat on roblox: In some roblox games powers are activated using commands in game chat, but on consoles we don't have chat. In addition to being bad for the experience because we can't talk to other players or...
  9. Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Microsoft/Xbox re-release or remake The Movies?: So with Microsoft already owning all of Lionheads' IP's and on the verge of completing the deal with Activision this leaves the ownership of the IP and distribution rights of the Movies firmly in...
  10. Getting Microsoft to release Blinx 1 and 2 on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting Microsoft to release Blinx 1 and 2 on PC: Seeing as I can't seem to offer my feedback directly to Xbox via email to request this, I figured I'd make a forum post so that others can join in too. Simply put, I want to see both Blinx and...