Will I still be able to play MC while the 30 day security lock is active?

Discus and support Will I still be able to play MC while the 30 day security lock is active? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If you change your email without being able to access the other email, you have to wait 30 days for the change to go through. During that time, if... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Randy E1, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Randy E1
    Randy E1 Guest

If you change your email without being able to access the other email, you have to wait 30 days for the change to go through. During that time, if you're signed into the Minecraft Launcher on your PC will you still be able to play MC? Or do you get booted for 30 days while that change is on hold?

Is there way to contact support to get around that 30 day lock by providing a pic of your CC (which has my name) or your phone number?

:)

Randy E1, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hi Randy E1,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We understand that you want to play your game.

Yes, you should still be able to play Minecraft while the 30-day security lock is active. The security lock only affects changes to your account information, such as email address or password. It does not affect your ability to access or use your existing account.

Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass the 30-day security lock by providing a picture of your credit card or phone number. This is a security measure put in place to protect your account from unauthorized changes. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Microsoft support for assistance.

Hope this helps.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Randy E1 Win User

Hi ,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We understand that you want to play your game.

Yes, you should still be able to play Minecraft while the 30-day security lock is active. The security lock only affects changes to your account information, such as email address or password. It does not affect your ability to access or use your existing account.

Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass the 30-day security lock by providing a picture of your credit card or phone number. This is a security measure put in place to protect your account from unauthorized changes. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Microsoft support for assistance.

Hope this helps.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
    Thank you Yanyannnn! The way it seemed it locked your account entirely. Good glad I won't miss out on playing Minecraft while I wait for the update for my email.
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Randy E1,

We are happy to hear that the problem you had with playing Minecraft has been resolved. We’re glad we were able to help you!

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please feel free to mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts).

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!
  5. HassanB Win User

Changing my Email , password & security proofs after effects

Hi,

You'd need to update your security proofs before you attempt to change Microsoft Account e-mails. You aren't locked out of your account on the console for 30 days, you're locked out of making purchases, and editing payment/billing information on Xbox.com. During
    the duration of the security proof change you should not be locked out of your account and should still be able to play on the console just fine.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Recover account

Just so I understand.

You were able to get into the account enough to change the password?

At what point is it asking for the phone number? When you try and put your account on your console its wanting to send a code to your phone number? If this is the case you would still be able to change the phone number for security codes on the account as
    long as you know the email and current password on the account. It will lock you out of the account for 30 days till that phone number is updated though.

If you sign into the account at account.live.com/addassocid it will want to send a security code but if you click on that you do not have any of these it will take you to a screen to update where security codes are sent out to and allow you to update it
    again it will lock you out of your account for 30 days till where they send the security codes out to is updated. THERE is NO way around the 30 day lock out.
Thema:

1. Will I still be able to play MC while the 30 day security lock is active? - Similar Threads - still able play

2. When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...: Just wondering as I have quite a few games that I have not played yet. Will they install from dosc and will they get updated after next month or so I need to install them beforehand? Thanks....
  3. When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...: When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to play my Xbox 360 games download from the Microsoft store once there taken down from off the Microsoft...
  4. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  5. I need to know if I can install a "Xbox series X" offline and still be able to play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to know if I can install a "Xbox series X" offline and still be able to play it: Hey. I don't have internet and I own a Series X. So basically, I just wanted to know if I were to buy a Xbox series X game disc, like Dead Space remastered that says only "Xbox series X" on it,...
  6. Why are all my pc game pass games gone but i am still able to play if i forcefully open the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are all my pc game pass games gone but i am still able to play if i forcefully open the...: its saying something about an age restriction but i've never had the problem before. i don't know the exact timing of when the error started accouring. also i have screenshots of the errors but...
  7. Can I gameshare 2 people at the same time and still be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I gameshare 2 people at the same time and still be able to play?: I gameshared the new 2k to my friend and my brother but if they’re both on I can’t be. Why is this? 9d60704a-259f-4bc6-9bf5-04cc3c34e05e
  8. Will I still be able to play Black Ops 2 Multiplayer after Xbox Live Gold gets shut down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I still be able to play Black Ops 2 Multiplayer after Xbox Live Gold gets shut down?: I recently bought an Xbox 360 to play Black Ops 2 on. Now that Xbox Live Gold is being shut down, will there still be a way to play online? b6443732-c21f-4098-bb5d-124e738d98fb
  9. Paid for Xbox live but still not able to play. Does anyone have any ideas of the issues?...

in XBoX on Windows
    Paid for Xbox live but still not able to play. Does anyone have any ideas of the issues?...: Paid for Xbox live but it still won’t let me play. Tired to contact Xbox but I seem to hit a block at every stage. The website is confusing! Hi ec549634-16f1-46cd-9e9d-405637ebeb6c
  10. I was wondering if I am still able to play STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor on the Xbox one s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was wondering if I am still able to play STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor on the Xbox one s?: Just need to know if I'm able to play it on the Xbox one s. c644b142-4f1d-490b-b281-484aa8a2e2db