Will I get banned for my friend redeeming a gift card in another country when I live in a...

Discus and support Will I get banned for my friend redeeming a gift card in another country when I live in a... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, my friend is currently exploring countries in Europe, he recently went to Turkey. He saw some gift cards in a store so he decided to buy me a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jesus Diaz (Student), Jul 17, 2023.

1. Will I get banned for my friend redeeming a gift card in another country when I live in a...

Hello, my friend is currently exploring countries in Europe, he recently went to Turkey. He saw some gift cards in a store so he decided to buy me a couple of them since he was going to miss out on my birthday due to him being in Europe.

So I tried to redeem them and they were region locked, so I let him log into my account so he can redeem the codes since he was still in Turkey at the time. So I was wondering if they goes anything against the TOS because technically I'm not using a vpn to redeem these codes so I don't know if this is a banned able offence.

:)

Jesus Diaz (Student), Jul 17, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Will I get banned for my friend redeeming a gift card in another country when I live in a different country

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I am here to help.

I would like to let you know that bypassing geographical restrictions to get content that’s not available in your country, can lead to a Microsoft account suspension. This is against Microsoft's terms & conditions.

To answer your inquiry, attempting to circumvent restrictions is bannable through the Xbox code of conduct and can affect both customer privacy and the integrity of Microsoft or partner services. For the safety of all, it’s important to respect deliberate limitations:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/community-stan...

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Will I get banned for my friend redeeming a gift card in another country when I live in a different country

Letting someone else access your account is also against the ToU & can result in enforcement action.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Gifting Gift cards.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Greatnate30447, unfortunately the message is correct, Gift cards can only be redeemed in their respective countries.

In addition, they can redeem a Gift card from another country, this gift card would have to be from that specific country.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Gift DLC to friend in another country

No. You and your friend are in two different regions, so gifts cannot be redeemed from another country. You could purchase an American gift card with the required funds to purchase the add-ons, and give your friend the gift card, so he/she can purchase the add-ons themselves.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox live on xbox 360

To redeem digital cards you have to be located in a supported xbox live country. Since Bulgaria is not supported for xbox live, it can't even connect to the xbox live service to attempt to redeem that prepaid card. And if that card was purchased in another
    country, even if it did work by some miracle, it would not be usable if it was currency or a digital game.

Sorry friend, but it will not work.

You must be in one of these countries to redeem digital codes: https://www.xbox.com/live/countries
Thema:

Will I get banned for my friend redeeming a gift card in another country when I live in a...

1. Will I get banned for my friend redeeming a gift card in another country when I live in a... - Similar Threads - banned friend redeeming

2. Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...: What can be done about banned consoles? Nothing on why it was banned makes sense. The first 3 reports said it wasn't banned but the 4th said it was banned so what did they mess up with on their...
  3. My friend has been falsely banned??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend has been falsely banned??: I am writing this to inform you that my friend has been falsely banned on Xbox. So, my friend and I joined this group chat and they turned out to be extremely toxic, my friend said that one of...
  4. Can Xbox get my friend ban

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can Xbox get my friend ban: Get him ban because he roast and say call me trash at gtav and talk a lot of smash Here is Xbox username [mod removed] 7eef1129-f8d2-4116-800a-dc5d5cff55cf
  5. my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...: 9 days ago my friend was playing on the Xbox with me and all of a sudden his account got banned and so did his Xbox, a few days later both him and his sister got new Xbox’s for early Christmas but...
  6. Me and my friends got permanently banned for being botted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Me and my friends got permanently banned for being botted: So one of my friends decided to bot me and our friends without our permission. None of us knew that you could get banned for it which is why I wasn’t mad or anything when he did it and I most...
  7. My friend has bought wingman xb he want knows if he get banned for using it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friend has bought wingman xb he want knows if he get banned for using it: So wingman xb and others adapter like too which still allowed to use other controllers and keyboard and mouse on console banned for using it on his Xbox series X he PlayStation 5 controller over...
  8. My friends account was banned and I’m trying to get it unbanned he has had the for a while...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friends account was banned and I’m trying to get it unbanned he has had the for a while...: My friends account was banned can I get it unbanned e33950cc-c0b7-4ab5-9459-a730fde0e3ea
  9. My friend was perma banned for uploading a profile picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend was perma banned for uploading a profile picture: my friend got perma banned for posting his profile pic (which contained no gore or anything explicit) however his ban info dosent say anything and xbox hasnt tried to do anything he says, his...
  10. So a while ago my Xbox acc was perm banned because one of my friends got into it and says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So a while ago my Xbox acc was perm banned because one of my friends got into it and says...: Should I call Xbox support and see what they say or should I just let go of it because I had call of duty mw2 on there and now I have to rebuy it and I don’t wanna spend that $70 I don’t have to...