Will I be able to play PC game pass games after formating my PC ?

Discus and support Will I be able to play PC game pass games after formating my PC ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey! I am PC game pass memeber. if I installed Xbox app along with other services in (C drive) ,but my games on other Drive (D Drive for example ) will... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andrew, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Andrew
    Andrew Guest

Hey! I am PC game pass memeber. if I installed Xbox app along with other services in (C drive) ,but my games on other Drive (D Drive for example ) will I be able to play these games afer formating C Drive?

Of course I would download Xbox app again on C Drive, but I mean do I lose the games? are they needed to be verified again? or do I lose progress? or do I need to install Xbox app this time in D drive as well along with PC game pass games? what will happen exactly?

Because actually it is so hard to download many games especially if they are large in size...

:)

Andrew, Jul 21, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

most of the games are encrypted for that installation of windows, you reinstall windows this breaks, you may have to redownload ALL the games again.
  3. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

If you format the C drive you will have to reinstall the Xbox app and all the secondary apps that make the Xbox services work on your PC, you do not lose the game licenses, as they belong to your profile with the active subscription. Regarding the progress, you will have to back up the progress files of each game, since several of them save the progress in local files, not in the cloud.

Regarding disk D, there should be no problem with the games and applications installed there, you should be able to use them by reinstalling everything related to Xbox on your PC.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  4. SilasLimaXb Win User

PC Gamepass

If nothing works, the ideal is to format the PC. because the problem is not the game pass for pc.
  5. SteveB55310 Win User

Can't sign into Game Pass PC

I finally figured this out!

Whenever I tried to sign in to X-Box Games Pass for PC, I got a white screen and then back to the main screen. I was never able to sign in.

I have multiple external harddrives connected to my PC. One was corrupt. Once I formatted the corrupt drive, I was suddenly able to login (it actually automatically logged me in). For some reason, X-Box Game Pass for PC must have been getting confused by the external harddrive. It was the harddrive where I used to keep my games.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox one Utimate game pass will it merge with my gaming PC

Game Pass Ultimate includes Gold, Game Pass for Console, and Game Pass for PC. As long as you're signed into the same account on both the PC and Xbox, you would have Game Pass on both.

You won't be able to access all Xbox games on the PC. Only games that are Play Anywhere or included in Game Pass for PC.
Thema:

1. Will I be able to play PC game pass games after formating my PC ? - Similar Threads - able play game

2. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  3. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  4. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  5. When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?: Id like to play my games from external hard drive but unfortunately i can’t play from storage, i would like to be able to do this again instead of paying for something much more expensive....
  6. Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shouldn't I be able to play my paid for downloaded games without network, on or offline?: I mean unless I want to play online or update my games I should be able to play them still if someone decides not to pay the Internet bill! With this new way to buy games I've got to pay monthly...
  7. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  8. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  9. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  10. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...