Will games that on a USB hard drive will have fast load times on series X or S

Discus and support Will games that on a USB hard drive will have fast load times on series X or S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to put all my games that don't have an Xbox Series X|S version on a USB flash drive or hard drive to save space for games that require an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gamer832, Jul 7, 2023.

1. gamer832
    gamer832 Guest

I want to put all my games that don't have an Xbox Series X|S version on a USB flash drive or hard drive to save space for games that require an Xbox series upgrade.

Will games that do not have a Series X|S version that is loaded on USB, be able to load fast as well or does it only applies to internal storage or the Seagate expansion card only?

:)

gamer832, Jul 7, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Can you use external hard drives on xbox series s

Hi,

Series X|S optimised games can only run on either the internal storage or expansion card. You can 'store' Series X|S on a USB hard drive/SSD for later but you can't play them from these drives as they're not fast enough.

Xbox One games that are not optimised for Series X|S can be run from USB Storage.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

External hard drive not working

Hi,

External hard drives are not fast enough for Xbox Series X|S titles. Unfortunately you can't play these games off slow USB external hard drives. They need either be installed internally or to an optional Xbox Series X|S Expansion card.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X eternal hard drive

Hi,

If your game is now a Series X optimised title, it can no longer be played off an external hard drive. It must be moved to either the internal storage or an optional expansion card.

External USB hard drives are too slow to play Series X optimised games. None Series X games will still run from your external drive. The internal storage in the Series X is a fast NVME SSD. These drives are several times faster than mechanical hard drives.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

Series S/X games cannot be played from a hard drive connected via USB. Series S/X games can only be played from the internal drive or the official expansion cards that attach directly in the back of the console. Again, no USB connected drives can play Series S/X games.
  6. ngocphi Win User

The fast load times is only for newer games.

No matter what a USB drive is limited by the tech you are using.500mbps plus sitting behind multiple buses creating your bottleneck

You are going to have load times just not as fast as next gen loadtimes due to the limitation of the technology

Vs series or next gen storage 4.8gbps or higher and direct to the memory cpu and gpu

Nvme is worlds beyond mechanical drives

Hence why pcs and consoles with the exception of Nintendo use nvme
Thema:

1. Will games that on a USB hard drive will have fast load times on series X or S - Similar Threads - games USB hard

2. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  3. Transfer game clips/ screenshots to usb

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer game clips/ screenshots to usb: How much storage space do I need on my usb stick for let's say 500 screenshots? And if you have any recommendations for a usb stick I would greatly appreciate it. submitted by /u/BernieTheLama...
  4. I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...: I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please advise if i am just wasting my time or can i be helped with this matter am i doing something wrong?...
  5. Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB: Hi, everyone out there. I had recently done a bunch of screen recordings on my Xbox Series X, at FHD 1080p, 60fps. When these videos, saved onto the USB Drive (formatted correctly) are played...
  6. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  7. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  8. How can I transfer existing game captures to a external drive? (Like USB 3.0 or other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I transfer existing game captures to a external drive? (Like USB 3.0 or other...: (Like USB 3.0 or other methods? How am I able to always save my screenshots/videos to that drive? a9e8d38b-2103-4dac-aba5-821e217d1e23
  9. Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive: So i gave my little brother my Xbox and im gonna go the PC route now. Can i use the external hard drive on the PC and play the digital copy games that are on it? If there is a certian software or...
  10. Moved saved game content from usb to hard drive - saved game is lost!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Moved saved game content from usb to hard drive - saved game is lost!: I am posting because my son is literally bawling. He decided to move some saved game info for Terraria from his USB to the XBOX 360 hard drive to make room on the usb for something he was trying...