Will games download server ever shut down in the future?

Discus and support Will games download server ever shut down in the future? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just had a discussion with my co-worker about this. He claims that when Microsoft ends support for the Xbox 360 sometime this year digital games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by X556, Jan 21, 2016.

1. X556
    X556 Guest

I just had a discussion with my co-worker about this. He claims that when Microsoft ends support for the Xbox 360 sometime this year digital games won't be able to be

redownloaded ever again. I got my Xbone already but I have a pretty big library of 360 games I haven't downloaded for obvious hdd space reasons. Can anybody confirm deny this will happen? Because yeah some will work on the Xbone but what will happen to
    that game I purchased that one time that's not compatible with Xbone? Will I eventually lose access to it forever even though my gamertag is in good standing? Thanks in advance for clarifying this. Btw writing in this forum on Chrome in an iPhone is no picnic...
    Please excuse any possible typos.

:)

2. When 360 servers shutting down confirmed?

*** so not ever game then?, but hope 360 live server doesn't shut down because I love playing 360 too

CAPTA1N LEWIS, Jan 21, 2016
  3. xbox1000
    xbox1000 Guest
    Bad Company 2 Free headaches!

Found a fix for this! Go to store in game and look for the pop-up that says would you like to download game update, servers aren't shut down you just don't have the in-game update! It's the most amazing multiplayer ever!

xbox1000, Jan 21, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

There is no official work on if/when Live for the 360 will be shut down, but it won't be this year. So until they do release information, there's no way to know right now exactly what will happen.

If it works like it did when they shut down Live for the original Xbox, you would need to make sure you have everything downloaded before the servers shut down so you can play them offline. If you're just using the One, and the games aren't made backwards
    compatible, then you would not be able to access those games.

Smwutches, Jan 21, 2016
  5. To add to what Smwutches has stated, Microsoft will give us ample notice of any impending shutdown of the live services for the Xbox 360 so that we can download anything we still wish to, etc.

HyruleBalverine, Nov 2, 2018
  6. HyruleBalverine Win User

To add to what Smwutches has stated, Microsoft will give us ample notice of any impending shutdown of the live services for the Xbox 360 so that we can download anything we still wish to, etc.
  7. Smwutches Win User

There is no official work on if/when Live for the 360 will be shut down, but it won't be this year. So until they do release information, there's no way to know right now exactly what will happen.

If it works like it did when they shut down Live for the original Xbox, you would need to make sure you have everything downloaded before the servers shut down so you can play them offline. If you're just using the One, and the games aren't made backwards
    compatible, then you would not be able to access those games.
  8. FunkyForestFrog Win User

Xbox Live 360 Servers Shutdown Question.

It won't shut down for a while. The backwards compat games on the one still use the xbox 360 servers. They have future releases for the backwards yet. If they shut down the servers, we lose all these backwards compat games as well. Some game developers might
    shut down their servers, like older sports games from like 5 years ago do not have active servers.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

Class action suit coming for Microsoft and 323 for sabotaging the 360 online halo reach game

Pretty sure they're shutting down in December this year which is plenty of warning.

Really don't see the issue here,older game servers shut down all the time & it's not like you can't play the games on xbox one anyway.

The 360 is old & you'll find more & more game specific servers shutting down in the future unless it's a backwards compatible game.
  10. NPYYZ Win User

If you could choose a canceled XBOX or 360 game to be created what would it be?

Chromehounds. The game was not cancelled but they did shut down the servers years ago. One of the best online games ever. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!
Thema:

1. Will games download server ever shut down in the future? - Similar Threads - games download server

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  4. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  5. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  6. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  7. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  8. Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...: Where are we going to download games once the servers shut down? 23360feb-5349-4c5b-8f11-343e48a7550f
  9. Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is server down on my xbox360 live rockband3 game and why cant i download all my stupid...: Why is my sever down on my rockband3 game i cant buy no more songs on my rockband3 music store and i cant download. All my stupid songs from my rb2 and rb3 games onto my stupid rockband4 game that...
  10. What can i do when a payed download game hase removed from server can i get a paypack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What can i do when a payed download game hase removed from server can i get a paypack: What can i do when a payed download game hase removed from server can i get a paypack 9e289109-99c7-4d18-b14f-c96bf8ec4e64