Will disassembling an xbox serues x void the warranty?

Discus and support Will disassembling an xbox serues x void the warranty? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello all, my series x has quite a bit of dust in it that I would like to clean out. However, I don't want to void the warranty on it. As im aware,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RockL79, Apr 6, 2022.

1. RockL79
    RockL79 Guest

Hello all, my series x has quite a bit of dust in it that I would like to clean out. However, I don't want to void the warranty on it. As im aware, there is a law that forbids companies from voiding the warranty when the sticker is removed, however microsoft also says that if the sticker with the serial number is removed/modified (which is needed to get to a screw) the warranty will be voided. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

:)

RockL79, Apr 6, 2022
  2. RockL79 Win User

In my experience blowing compressed air into the console doesn't do much apart from get dust stuck in even more hard to reach places, which is why I would like to disassemble the console to get to the heatsink/fan instead
  3. RockL79 Win User

Im aware a vacuum creates static, my plan wasn't to use one in the first place. Though even if I were to use one, I wouldn't use it on either one of the motherboards, only the shell with everything removed. I don't plan to go any further than until either a component on the board dies outside of warranty or the thermal paste needs to be replaced in a few years.
  4. TheProfess0r Win User

My name is Loren. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Yes. If you open your console, that will void the warranty. I don't recommend doing that.
  5. ngocphi Win User

No but you shouldn't vacuum the console they aren't designed for it

You do so it will cause static which is dangerous for electronics

We use can of air and make sure you are grounded

Any damage that is caused by you self repairing or cleaning they will not accept it for warranty

And yes you take responsibility if you damage something even with the law
  6. Farscape247 Win User

to add to the above, if you use canned air, make sure to unplug the console and hold the can upright, then leave to stand for a few minutes after cleaning.
Thema:

1. Will disassembling an xbox serues x void the warranty? - Similar Threads - disassembling serues void

2. if i spray bw100 in my analog sticks to fix stick drift, does that void my warranty?

in XBoX on Windows
    if i spray bw100 in my analog sticks to fix stick drift, does that void my warranty?: elite series 2 core controller has stick drift, if i spray bw100 in the sticks will it void my warranty? y/n? 083e3a09-55d7-4a96-9298-7ea94b99f05b
  3. Folter by Serues X/S Exclusives

in XBoX on Windows
    Folter by Serues X/S Exclusives: I was wondering why in the game filters on the Xbox series X and S, we can't choose the filter to be "Seires exclusives", meaning games that are incompatible with the Xbox One like for example...
  4. how can I track or void an xbox gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    how can I track or void an xbox gift card?: I got an Xbox card and I lost that. I have the code. I want to track or void the card c6d020f3-9342-448f-b04c-5c83b8b85d3b
  5. Minecraft account lost in the void

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account lost in the void: i am at my limit with this issue and have been fighting it for a month now and refuse to spend more money that i dont have on a new minecraft account so long story short my account got hacked but...
  6. Does an external cooling fan void the warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does an external cooling fan void the warranty?: There's a lot of speculation that an external cooling fan voids the Xbox warranty but yet the fan is external and changes nothing about the Xbox itself. Someone please explain. Also instead of...
  7. What do I do about the black void bar through a Xbox gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I do about the black void bar through a Xbox gift card?: I’ve tried entering the code but that doesn’t seem to work. c5a53400-eefe-4669-adc8-0e3ca2f23f4a
  8. Will opening my Elite controller 2 to clean the RB button with some alcohol void warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will opening my Elite controller 2 to clean the RB button with some alcohol void warranty?: I have the Halo Edition Elite Controller and the RB button is not working properly and I have seen videos of people fixing the problem by just getting some alcohol in there and pressing the button...
  9. Does taking off my elite series 2 core controller face plate void my microsoft warranty?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does taking off my elite series 2 core controller face plate void my microsoft warranty?: my elite series 2 core controller left bumper is unresponsive and I want to take off the faceplate to clean out the button I’m asking because I want to know if that would void my Microsoft...
  10. Minecraft account is connecting to the void

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account is connecting to the void: I recently tried to log back into Minecraft on PS4 and clicked the sign in with Microsoft option, but no matter what I try it tells me that “Opps! Looks like the Microsoft Account you are trying...