Will deleting a Microsoft account remove it's home Xbox association?

Discus and support Will deleting a Microsoft account remove it's home Xbox association? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If I mark a Microsoft account for closure, after it's been deleted, will it remove the accounts home Xbox? I recently marked an old account for closure... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CasulCat, May 9, 2023.

1. CasulCat
    CasulCat Guest

If I mark a Microsoft account for closure, after it's been deleted, will it remove the accounts home Xbox? I recently marked an old account for closure but I think I forgot to remove my Xbox as it's home Xbox on the system. I'm just wondering if after the account is closed will it fix this?

:)

CasulCat, May 9, 2023
  2. Wille M. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Closing a Microsoft account means you won't be able to use it to sign in to Microsoft products and services you've been using. It also deletes all services associated with it, including your:

- Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live and MSN email accounts

-OneDrive Files

- Xbox Live Data and GamerTag

- Skype ID and Contacts

- Office digital perpetual licenses such as Office 2019 Home and Student

- NuGet.org account

- Account balance, unused reward points, and Microsoft Certification, including passed exams and associated transcripts.

You cannot delete just one of these services and keep the others.

So before you close your account, take some time to tie up loose ends, cancel subscriptions, and make sure you don't leave anything important behind like files, cash from gift cards, or emails. And don't forget to consider less common services where you use your account. For example, use your remaining Online Business Support benefit, and for developers, download all packages saved on NuGet.org.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to clarify it.

I hope I helped you. Hugs!
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

It is possible to switch the Microsoft account my Xbox account is connected to or switch the email of my Microsoft account to a different email that already has a Microsoft account?

Hi! My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Once an email address has been added to a Microsoft account, it cannot be associated with another account, even if you delete the account or remove the email.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to merge accounts or switch the account that's associated with your Xbox profile.
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

transferer un compte (transfer an account)

Hello JVDC1,

We understand that there is an email currently in use for your Xbox account that you would like to remove from your association.

Please attempt to follow our how to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
    support article for information on how to switch the primary email for the account.

Doing this would allow you to remove the email, and then delete the account associated with that email.

Try this and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
  5. FuzzLiteBeard Win User

Delete Gamertag

To my knowledge, this only removes the gamertag from the Xbox. It does not delete the gamertag or remove it from an associated email account.
  6. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

XBox gamertag - delete/remove from associated microsoft account

Thema:

1. Will deleting a Microsoft account remove it's home Xbox association? - Similar Threads - deleting Microsoft account

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Can I delete an Xbox account without deleting a Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I delete an Xbox account without deleting a Microsoft account?: Is it possible to see what Xbox accounts I have linked to a Microsoft account? I’m trying to delete an Xbox account I have since it might be overlapping another account I actually use. If I can’t...
  4. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  5. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  6. If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...: If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox account be deleted too? a9563886-ea1a-4a2a-8c8c-2d22b6c5294e
  7. Minecraft - Microsoft account was hacked and deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft - Microsoft account was hacked and deleted: Hello! My son’s Microsoft account was hacked and deleted. He now lost an access to his Minecraft game. We tried to get his account back, but Microsoft suggested to create a new one as an old...
  8. Can anybody please guide me on how to retrieve a deleted microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anybody please guide me on how to retrieve a deleted microsoft account?: So basically yesterday(6 january 2024)my microsoft account got infiltrated by a hacker and he deleted the microsoft account literally all my stuff is on there like school work ,minecraft accounts...
  9. My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft Account Got Deleted And I Needed Help Recovering My Mojang Account, Micorsoft...: Hello, I was told by microsoft experts to use the following solutions. 1. Contact Xbox: After contacting Xbox I was told there is nothing they can do because the account does not exist in their...
  10. Can I find my old Xbox account despite a deleted Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I find my old Xbox account despite a deleted Microsoft account?: After a Microsoft account has been long deleted (talking years ago), is it still possible to find existing information on my old Xbox account which I had used with it? Does any presence of that...