Will changing my Microsoft account email effect my other Microsoft apps, Minecraft,...

Discus and support Will changing my Microsoft account email effect my other Microsoft apps, Minecraft,... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I hope all are doing well. So I recently noticed that my google account was breached, have no idea how they bypassed my 2FA, but anyways. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jamie Panda, May 10, 2023.

1. Jamie Panda
    Jamie Panda Guest

Will changing my Microsoft account email effect my other Microsoft apps, Minecraft,...

Hello, I hope all are doing well.

So I recently noticed that my google account was breached, have no idea how they bypassed my 2FA, but anyways.

I am in the process of changing my email on all my accounts associated with that email.

I was wondering if it would be possible to change my email on my Microsoft account to the new email, I have read up on adding a new alias and all that, but my worry is that if I change the email that I will either lose access to some of my apps like Minecraft and also Xbox or that by changing it, it'll cause issues, losing data, losing account and all that.

By changing the email are there any potential issues or would I be fine and no issues will be caused by changing the old email to the new one?

Thank you all in advance!

:)

Jamie Panda, May 10, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Will changing my Microsoft account email effect my other Microsoft apps, Minecraft, Xbox(PC) etc?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on changing your email.

Actually, changing your alias does not remove any of your data at all from that Microsoft account and you will still retain any of your data, games and saved progress. You are just changing the log in email to your Microsoft account so it is safe to change your alias.

You can also refer to this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Will changing my Microsoft account email effect my other Microsoft apps, Minecraft, Xbox(PC) etc?

No access will be removed if you change the alias. Everything will remain the same, you just need to log in to the new email once changed. 2FA will still be on that same account and yes, everything will be transferred over to the new alias. Once the original alias will be removed, it will no longer be a Microsoft account and none of your data will go with it.
  4. Jamie Panda Win User

Hey Ronniee!

Thank you so much for the reply!

If I change the alias and remove the old one I wont lose access to my Xbox account for pc and my Minecraft account?

Will the 2FA be switched to the new email that I want to sit it to?

Last question will my account still have ties to my original alias or will everything be transferred over to the new alias?|

Thank you again for the help!
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft Java Edition, Offline mode and won't start.

Hi TRXEVO! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you changed the email linked to the account that you use to Migrate the Mojang account, you need to change the accounts logged in the Xbox app and Microsoft store app, use the new email that is linked to your account, delete the Minecraft launcher, install it from the Microsoft store app
  6. Joshxz Win User

New minecraft launcher clashing with my xbox account

I don’t think the issue I’m having is Minecraft’s fault. It’s got to do with the fact that when I login to my Minecraft account through my Microsoft account it signs me into that Microsoft account of other apps such as Xbox and Xbox console companion. That’s what Im having problems with, because I have 2 emails associated with 2 accounts, one being my Minecraft Microsoft account and the other being my Xbox account. This is really frustrating and annoying as whenever I want to open Minecraft whilst I’m using the Xbox app it logs me out of my xbox account and signs me into my Minecraft Microsoft account. Hope I’ve made things clear and I hope they solve this soon
Thema:

1. Will changing my Microsoft account email effect my other Microsoft apps, Minecraft,... - Similar Threads - changing Microsoft account

2. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  5. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  6. how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft: Ze********* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** """remove PII.""" """moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming """ f806951e-f754-42a4-892c-86db89f21b75
  7. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  8. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  9. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  10. Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?: Hello My microsoft account was taken. The email was switched and the number was deleted. I have no other way to sign in that Microsoft is asking for to get it back. Is there any other sign of hope...