Will all 360 games become backwards compatible once the 360 store shuts down?

Discus and support Will all 360 games become backwards compatible once the 360 store shuts down? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know the 360 store is shutting down in July of next year and I was wondering if all games will become available on Xbox one once the 360 store shuts... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jesse Jasmine, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Will all 360 games become backwards compatible once the 360 store shuts down?

I know the 360 store is shutting down in July of next year and I was wondering if all games will become available on Xbox one once the 360 store shuts down? A lot of my favorite games such as dragon ball raging blast and other dbz games aren’t available for the Xbox one. It would suck if games like that aren’t available.

:)

Jesse Jasmine, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

The backwards compatibility program ended in 2021. Anything that hasn't been made compatible won't be.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

So I'm Canadian am I not important enough to deserve Xbox 360 content?

They haven't shut down any regions store on the 360.

I'm in the U.K. & easily use the store on the xbox 360.

Considering you also need the xbox 360 store to buy backwards compatible games on a xbox one then why would they shut it down?

Zen is correct,your account,billing & actual location must all be the same.
  4. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Is the Xbox one becoming the new 360?

Hello everyone :)

I don't see the Xbox One becoming the new Xbox 360 because I expect this Backwards Compatability Program to be shut down soon once last gen owners catch up to the current consoles.

Xbox 360 forever!

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)

5. Mistress Sara Win User

How will the xbox 360 store shutdown affect backwards compatibility?

Backwards compatible games will still be offered in the store on the Xbox One consoles digitally. The store on the 360 console is what is shutting down.

More on the 360 marketplace shutdown can be found here.
  6. FunkyForestFrog Win User

Xbox Live 360 Servers Shutdown Question.

It won't shut down for a while. The backwards compat games on the one still use the xbox 360 servers. They have future releases for the backwards yet. If they shut down the servers, we lose all these backwards compat games as well. Some game developers might
    shut down their servers, like older sports games from like 5 years ago do not have active servers.
Thema:

1. Will all 360 games become backwards compatible once the 360 store shuts down? - Similar Threads - 360 games become

2. Digitalizing XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digitalizing XBox 360 games: Hi there, unfortunately I could not find an answer to my question, so hopefully someone is able to explain the following to me: I am still a XBox 360 user and have amassed quite a lot of games,...
  3. Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller on PC - Awful physical movement to in-game movement translation: I have recently bought an xbox360 controller and dongle for my PC but the controller is nearly useless due to the translation between the physical movement of the analogue sticks to the in-game...
  4. My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...: My Xbox 360 console CD track keeps opening back up whether I powered on or whether there’s a game in it or not cannot get it to close 4dce58ad-a9c6-46d8-9777-2469082be572
  5. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  6. Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360: Hi, I tried to play a game from a disc on the console but when I opened it all of it was gone and I had to start again. For one game (Lego Marvel Superheros) it said: 'This saved data was created...
  7. Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls

in XboX Insiders
    Weird Xbox 360 game inverter controls: So recently I been downloading more 360 games to play and this never happened to me til now. A few games I downloaded, the controls were just inverted by default with no change to the settings at...
  8. Is Atari: Game Over discontinued on Xbox 360? Remember how useless that Xbox 360 app is?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Atari: Game Over discontinued on Xbox 360? Remember how useless that Xbox 360 app is?: When I launched Atari: Game Over on my Xbox 360, I got an error saying that Atari: Game Over isn't available. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? d81c9197-f841-48ed-aa1d-8e69234696e0
  9. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  10. When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to...: When will you take Xbox 360 games down off from the Microsoft store Will I still be able to play my Xbox 360 games download from the Microsoft store once there taken down from off the Microsoft...