Will a Wifi extender with an ethernet cord hooked up from it to my xbox improve my internet?

Discus and support Will a Wifi extender with an ethernet cord hooked up from it to my xbox improve my internet? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I run ≈60% wireless strength, 5G, ≈1% packet loss, a latency of ≈39, and I play on a Series X (dont have the right TV/Monitor to run high frames and 4k... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ddfsf23Mason, Jul 21, 2023.

1. ddfsf23Mason
    ddfsf23Mason Guest

Will a Wifi extender with an ethernet cord hooked up from it to my xbox improve my internet?

I run ≈60% wireless strength, 5G, ≈1% packet loss, a latency of ≈39, and I play on a Series X (dont have the right TV/Monitor to run high frames and 4k stuff but I dont think that effects connection). Will like a 30 dollar Wifi extender and an ethernet cord plugged in from it to my xbox make me have lower ping, packet loss, and fix random lag spikes? I want to know if its worth getting.

:)

ddfsf23Mason, Jul 21, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

Although a Wi-Fi extender can increase signal strength, it can increase latency a little, but it is ultimately an extra hop that packets have to make to communicate with the internet.

You may also experience other connection problems such as double NAT, although if it is a quality extender, the packet loss may be 0%, as you are most likely experiencing interference losses on your existing Wi-Fi.

It is best to connect your console directly to the modem/router via a cable, as this will eliminate packet loss due to interference and the latency will be about the same.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  3. DA SWAGNEMITE Win User

Certain websites wont load on IE for Xbox 360

Random pages. I looked to see if this was an internet issue by hooking my xbox up via ethernet and wifi. Niether of them made a difference.
  4. kmanxyi Win User

How To Install Add-ons

Is it possible to hook up the ethernet cord to my laptop and the xbox and download it that way?
  5. WHOMBSLAYER918 Win User

Windows 8.1 update and bridged connection

just use a old router share your internet hook up threw ethernet cord out of pc to to router than to xbox
  6. Im Your Villain Win User

Really slow download question

I tried both of what u said , thanks by the way. On a hunch i hooked up an ethernet coord because the wifi in my house sucks to the point i am using a range extender. The wired setup is working right now
Thema:

1. Will a Wifi extender with an ethernet cord hooked up from it to my xbox improve my internet? - Similar Threads - Wifi extender ethernet

2. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  3. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox one connect to my WiFi but will connect to my hotspot?: My Xbox one is not connecting to my WiFi even though my password is correct. My Xbox one has been doing this sense June 21, 2024. It’s not the router or the model. I use AT&T WiFi and this problem...
  5. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  6. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  7. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  8. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  9. What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360: What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360? d5f635a5-91cc-4e73-878b-389df4175534
  10. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender: My xbox 360 is unable to connect to the internet when I plugged an ethernet cord from it into the TP-Link RE220 wifi extender. Any solutions? [img] 6064f194-0718-4ab3-be45-d2ecd51efcf9