Will a game that I buy from the xbox one US site work here in AUstralia?

Discus and support Will a game that I buy from the xbox one US site work here in AUstralia? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I was a gamer when the original version of ELITE was available on my commodore 64 waaaay back in the day. I now see that ELITE Dangerous is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by oz_johnno, Mar 5, 2016.

1. oz_johnno
    oz_johnno Guest

Hi there,

I was a gamer when the original version of ELITE was available on my commodore 64 waaaay back in the day.

I now see that ELITE Dangerous is now available on the Xbox one.

my question is this:- if I buy a game from store.xbox.com, will it work on my Australian XBOX one?

Cheers

OZJOHNNO

:)

oz_johnno, Mar 5, 2016
  2. If I buy a game from the UK will it work in US Xbox one ?

All Xbox One games and all Xbox One consoles are region-free (except for China).

So yes, in your case, an Xbox One game sold in the UK can work in your US Xbox One.

I would imagine JC3 Gold Edition is just the regular base game on a disc, bundled with DLC vouchers in the case.

Internet Expert, Mar 5, 2016
  3. H8KILLA 44
    H8KILLA 44 Guest
    If I buy a game from the UK will it work in US Xbox one ?

There are versions of a game that are not avalabe in the United States. Like Just Cause 3 Gold Edition. If the game is from the UK would I be able to download the content and play the game in the United States?

H8KILLA 44, Mar 5, 2016
  4. Mr Wolf 15G
    Mr Wolf 15G Guest

US games used to work if you bought them digitally. I think it's restricted now regarding what regions you can buy from.

Mr Wolf 15G, Apr 25, 2016
  5. Mr Wolf 15G Win User

US games used to work if you bought them digitally. I think it's restricted now regarding what regions you can buy from.
  6. AFR-55317D62-98D0-4F Win User

Game regions and redeem codes

Games from the UK will definitely work here in Australia. Quite often a lot of games from overseas such as Asia etc will also work but you just need to check to see if they are region locked. Most overseas web sites that sell to Australia will tell you
    if the games will work here or not.

With Microsoft Points only Aussie points will work here. But you can buy Xbox Live memberships from overseas they definitely work and are generally way cheaper than buying them here.
  7. sniffles x Win User

Buying in UK or Australia

Hey PurpleCorn!

Xbox one games are not region locked so all xbox one games will work on any console. The Xbox One's Bluray/DVD player is region locked though. Good news for you, the UK and Australia share the same region codes for Bluray's and DVD's so anything you buy
    from the UK or Australia will work on a console purchased in either country so it's up to you where you want to buy it from!

Hope this helps!
  8. ngocphi Win User

Hi I am trying to gift my friend the game pass but I live in the uk but he lives in Australia can still give him the game pass if I but a gift card and I give it to him

You would have to buy him a gift card from australia

From a third party website that is trusted there are a few

Giftcards are region locked this includes one's gifted from xbox

Even if you gift the.membership you will have to find a third party etailer in Australia or find a third party site with Australia codes

Best bet Amazon just make sure ita digital Australian code
  9. smileskybird Win User

Fake Console

It's not rocket science. Buy from an Authorized Retailer which Microsoft says. In New Zealand and Australia, they include JB Hi Fi, DSE, etc. Microsoft usually has a list of authorized retailers on their site. Preferably from an authorized retail shop. The
    only place which I would fully trust to buy an Xbox console from, is from this site, their official Xbox site.
Thema:

1. Will a game that I buy from the xbox one US site work here in AUstralia? - Similar Threads - game buy site

2. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Buying a code for a delisted version of a game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Buying a code for a delisted version of a game.: I was considering purchasing a digital code for the Deluxe Edition of Resident 4. However, that version has been delisted and replaced with the Gold Version. If I purchase the code for the deluxe...
  5. If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.

in XboX Insiders
    If I buy game pass ultimate, will it cancel my game pass core.: If I buy game pass ultimate for 14 days but I currently have game pass core for 12 months. After the game pass ultimate expires will the game pass core start again. submitted by...
  6. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  7. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  8. If I buy a game on a visa giftcard and end up refunding it will my money?

in XboX Insiders
    If I buy a game on a visa giftcard and end up refunding it will my money?: Will it end up in my bank account or back in my Visa card? Preferably Visa card, if not is there I way I can make it go there? submitted by /u/Plasticbeef777 [link] [comments]
  9. I'm signed into my account but I want to buy an xbox game on the Microsoft site and give it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm signed into my account but I want to buy an xbox game on the Microsoft site and give it...: I'm signed into my account but I want to buy an xbox game on the Microsoft site and give it as a gift. How do I do that? I don't want it automatically applied to my account. I attempted to buy it...
  10. If I buy a game on the Xbox site on PC, will it appear on my Xbox console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a game on the Xbox site on PC, will it appear on my Xbox console?: I just want to ask one question, just to be extra sure about it. If I'll buy it on my PC, I will still be able to download it on my Xbox, right? I am sorry for asking a stupid question, but I just...