Will a game save my progress on it if I buy it after the gamepass has expired (that the...

Discus and support Will a game save my progress on it if I buy it after the gamepass has expired (that the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My current situation is that me and my friend gameshare. He bought the gamepass and therefore every game he gets with the gamepass, I get too. Using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hatchetman004, May 7, 2020.

1. Will a game save my progress on it if I buy it after the gamepass has expired (that the...

My current situation is that me and my friend gameshare. He bought the gamepass and therefore every game he gets with the gamepass, I get too. Using GTA V as an example, my friend got GTA off the gamepass and I therefore have it too. Once the gamepass runs
    out, he will not be able to play GTA anymore unless he renews the gamepass or purchases the game, and I assume the same applies to me. If I decided to purchase GTA after my friend's gamepass expires (that I was getting games gameshared from), once I install
    it, will I have my pack that I bought and my progress saved from the time I played it when it was getting gameshared off my friend's gamepass, or will I lose this and have to start over?

Would really appreciate an answer as I know it's a confusing question lol :/

:)

Hatchetman004, May 7, 2020
  2. ttttubby Win User

Will a game save my progress on it if I buy it after the gamepass has expired (that the game was from)that my friend was gamesharing with me?

Yes your save should transfer without any issues.
  3. wunla Win User

Will a game save my progress on it if I buy it after the gamepass has expired (that the game was from)that my friend was gamesharing with me?

Yes you will still have it
  4. ngocphi Win User

Do I need a game pass to play Forza Horizon 4 multiplayer on PC ?

Ummm that only applies to xbox games he is talking about PC

NO you don't need gold or gamepass HOWEVER if you want to play it but not buy then gamepass is needed

And you can buy it at a discount with gamepass to keep it otherwise you can't play it after gamepass expires

Now if you buy it separately no gamepass isn't needed
  5. ngocphi Win User

Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

Did you buy the game or just download it off of gamepass .

If you downloaded it and recently let gamepass expire you must buy the game.

Downloaded gamepass games arent yours to keep only if you buy them
  6. Apoca1yp5e Win User

Xbox One S won't start games

Hello,

Is your xbox gold up to date, also are these games on a gamepass by chance? And if so is the gamepass expired. I have seen where someone goes to launch a gamepass game after their time has expired and it closes after the splash screen with no error.

Also try a full reboot of the console, holding down the power button for a full 10 seconds.

Like stated before though seems a bit more info is going to be needed to troubleshoot

@
Thema:

Will a game save my progress on it if I buy it after the gamepass has expired (that the...

1. Will a game save my progress on it if I buy it after the gamepass has expired (that the... - Similar Threads - game save progress

2. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  3. Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full: While trying to get onto baldurs gate 3 I got a message saying the data save was full and I need to delete some data I reset my console thinking it would fix it instead when I booted it back up I...
  4. Can You Save Your Game Progress in Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can You Save Your Game Progress in Cloud Gaming?: It can often save your game progress in cloud gaming, and it typically works through cloud-based save systems offered by the gaming service provider. I tried to summarize the process of how cloud...
  5. Xbox Cloud Gaming - Lost Saved Games Progression

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - Lost Saved Games Progression: Was loading up a game of Starfield on my mobile after it had just crashed. Once the game launched after waiting in the queue the saved cloud data would not sync. I relaunched the game another time...
  6. Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?: So I recently purchased Astroneer on Steam and I'm wondering if I am able to transfer my progress from Xbox to the Steam game. I have nearly 100% completion on Astroneer on the Xbox-bought game...
  7. Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?: Everything I've read says game progress can't be moved between profiles. Is that still true if those profiles are within the family account? Mine being the main one, can I transfer to another...
  8. Borderlands 2 - Xbox One X - Saving game progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands 2 - Xbox One X - Saving game progress: I have have the following situation Playing on an Xbox One X The Xbox One X console is set to my home console I have my original Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 game I am subscribed to Xbox Game Pass...
  9. Saving progress locally for an xbox compatible game on Xbox Series X console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saving progress locally for an xbox compatible game on Xbox Series X console: I have apparently maxed out my storage on the cloud as far as original and 360 xbox save games go. I heard it was capped at 2 GB of cloud storage but I have not found a way to see how much or what...
  10. Saved progress form cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saved progress form cloud gaming: Hi! I read that when you have started to play a game via cloud gaming the progress will be saved if you want to install the game instead because I think my internet is to crappy for cloud gaming....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will i lose my progress if i buy an expired gamepass game